Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! My sled is bogging a bit on acceleration with lack of power! Idles fine and runs great once it gets up in the revs and speed! ran wonderful last week but this is just a new problem today! Any help would be great! Thinking of taking the carbs apart but would like to hear if anyone else had this problem first!! Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Could be reed cages. Mine started falling apart last year with those symptoms. Thankfully I caught it in time. Could also be a plugged main or water in the carbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MaxTrax said:
Could be reed cages. Mine started falling apart last year with those symptoms. Thankfully I caught it in time. Could also be a plugged main or water in the carbs.
Ok well i just put some Vforce3 reed assembly in the sled and ran great for the first couple runs and now this problem so i will just have to pull them apart and check
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
When I had the problem with my cages it was 8yr old stock rubber ones. I put the vf3's in it and its been fine ever since. I would think more in the carbs if it has new reed cages.

What do the plugs look like?
How long did you let it warm up?
What is your compression?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaxTrax said:
When I had the problem with my cages it was 8yr old stock rubber ones. I put the vf3's in it and its been fine ever since. I would think more in the carbs if it has new reed cages.

What do the plugs look like?
How long did you let it warm up?
What is your compression?
Ok well i just did a top end cause the last guy who tried to do it messed it up!! I just bought the sled a couple months ago and noticed some things i didn't like! Anyways noticed a crack in the carb boot so ordered Vforce! Plugs were a little black, but anyways i took carbs apart and really found nothing was nice and clean! While apart i took reed cages out and resealed them, took coil out and cut some off the wires and redid them, I checked compression and i'm around 200 a cylinder. I put new plugs in, and took it for a boot and seems to work really good now but have to wait for more snow to see what its like on a long run! I don't know what it was since i did a few things, oh and i also leaned the carbs out a quarter turn and i checked the plugs when i got back and seems to be a nice brown color now, but i will have to keep an eye on it to make sure its not too lean! So i will find out i hope soon, nothing like having issues at the beginning of the season haha! Thanks for the help, nice to have people with the same sled that can help!! Anything else i should look for etc. please feel free to let me know!! Cheers, Ben
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top