Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what kinda performance these offer?
looking at buying a 02 model
any feedback on these sleds would be appreciated
going to be used for aggressive trail riding
thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had an 03 it was an awesome trail/ditch sled that is if you never plan on touching a lake cause if you do don't plan on going over 65 and becareful cause i blew mine up doin 40 on the lake for a 1/2 mile just my 2cents

·
Registered
725 Posts
it should be a good sled for aggressive riding. The pro-x chassis takes a beating, and I believe the 440 was the better performing out of all the fans.

·
Registered
123 Posts
all i have to say is what for mototrs i had one went through over 8 mototrs in 2 year just ditchbaging. the pto side gets hoter than the mag

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
The 02 and 01 fan motors were complete pos. Get a 03 if your gonna get one the cdi was better and they were WAY less finky with jets.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a 01 fan and I blew it up last winter going acrossed a lake, the pto side was running to lean. So I got it rebuilt and only have 70 miles on the rebuild because of lack of snow. I love the sled it is a blast to ride but like ProxJ said the motors are really finky. If you do get it put a Holtzman Tempaflow on it that will help a lot. If anything ever happens to it again which I hope not I will put a 550 fan in it and sell it to get a Firecat F6 or a newer Pro-X 600. Thats just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the advice guys! I think I am going to buy put a little money in the motor and hope for the best
does anyone know of a aftermarket website or supplier i can buy a pipe for this and other performance goodies?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by polaris4u1
[br]all i have to say is what for mototrs i had one went through over 8 mototrs in 2 year just ditchbaging. the pto side gets hoter than the mag
sounds like you need to learn how to jet....or fix an air leak.

·
Registered
123 Posts
buddy it was done buy a liscened machanic and polaris covered everthing and put a complete crate motor into0 it and we went through piles of jets
they are just junk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've put 450 miles on my 02 Fan this winter with no problems at all. The one thing I have found is that the jetting is a little touchy. Once I got it dialed in though, it has been great! Granted, I'm not setting any land speed records with it, but it handles really well and the suspension is more than up to the task. I'm more of a tight twisty trail rider then lake racer.
I hadden't ridden since the late 80's until this winter, so I wasn't looking for a heavy, high horsepower monster to kill myself on. This sled is light and nimble, plus it has a pretty good midrange pull for a 440 Fan. Overall I am really pleased with this sled! Wait till next winter after its transformation.

I don't think you can go wrong with this sled fastman. -Sofa

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have had my 02 ProX now for a couple of years and it hasn't been that bad. The sled has great low end power and really rips around the trails, so no complaints there. The chassis can take a beating and the suspension has treated me well. By no means are they a good lake or powder sled. I have some advice if you do decide to get one (all are suggestions from Bobby Lepages dad from when he used a 02 prox fan for a practice sled in the summer) Keeping the engine cool and air flow through the engine bay is key. Where the fan air output spot it on the hood you have to cut the hood and make the opening as big as possible. Cut the vents on the counsel shroud bigger as well. As far as the pipe is concerned either ceramic coat that baby of do what I did and make a shroud on the side of the pipe closest to the motor where the air intake it for the fan. That way the fan only pulls in cool air that is flowing through your engine bay. Lastly buy and install a TEMPAFLOW. If owning this sled it is the best investment you can make because the jetting sucks (very picky). But all in all I love the sled and due to the low snow conditions this year I have been riding my ProX over my rev. If you want any pics of what I did I can throw some on my site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts