Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 02 prox 440 liquid, it has a sticker for 92 or 110 octane but no switch, may have been removed? but the wires are there. has sticker on tach, runs 110 octane. how can i run 92 octane? do i need heads alone or a switch as well? also could i run 93 with octane boost if i stay with 110 octane set up? any thought on what leter for timing, thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can build 6,7 and 800cc but no one knows squat about 440? i looked back and found unanswered posts for prox 440. along with my 2 posts. i was able to find out my octane, based of a recent post by using solder. this was helpful. still hoping a true prox fan could help with some info.octane switch, trail gearing, trail clutching. dragon kit info. went from wedge to edge and want run this 440,till i change the motor not sure if i should go with twin 700 or my 693 big bore tripple, both around 150ish hp.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by Karl
[br]can build 6,7 and 800cc but no one knows squat about 440? i looked back and found unanswered posts for prox 440. along with my 2 posts. i was able to find out my octane, based of a recent post by using solder. this was helpful. still hoping a true prox fan could help with some info.octane switch, trail gearing, trail clutching. dragon kit info. went from wedge to edge and want run this 440,till i change the motor not sure if i should go with twin 700 or my 693 big bore tripple, both around 150ish hp.

You did good by trying a search, and that was the reason I didn't answer it the first time around.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36068
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59858

If it is from the factory, you need to run 110 in that motor.
Trail gearing, well you could gear up some if you want more top speed. Personally I don't mind if I top out at 80-85 so I leave the gearing stock. Clutching is good from the factory, if you switch to a pump gas heads then put in the 49 gram weights. As for "dragon kit" are you referring to the pipe pre-heat/launch button? Don't do it, half the racers don't use it anyway, you can do just as good of a job launching without it. I don't use it to launch. Plus they are hard on reeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts