Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our local dealer has a 2002 MXZ Renegade 800 for sale. Its in good shape has 9000 kms and RER. I haven't ridden it because of low snow so i don't know how it drives. They want $5200 or $5300 canadian dollars, but this is still the start of the season and I figure by christmas either the price would go down or I could deal them dowm some because of the less demand. But what I wanted to know is when its time to buy what should I offer them? And what do you guys figure it's worth? And I also would like to know the pro's and con's of this sled or anything to watch out for, the reliablity, the fuel efficency of the 800 engine. And if the suspension is strong enough to handle some pretty big bumps and some jumping.
Any help is appreciated
thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
$5200 seems really high for a 2002 mxz renegade with 9000km. Try to talk them down to somewhere around the $4500-$4800. I had a 2001 mxz 600 adrenaline, and to answer your suspension question it should be able to take some good abuse. I jumped my old mxz pretty hard, and for 10" of rear travel it sucked the landings up beautifully and really stuck to the trail through the bumps at higher speeds. I also had 14,000km on my 600 and it ran perfectly until the day I sold it. Good luck talking him down, and if things go in your favour this should be a great sled for ya!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
$4,000 to $5,200 USD book on that sled assuming elec start and reverse. High mileage and an old chassis should be mid $4k CND.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.