Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there much of a difference between these model years. I can pick up a brand new 02 for about $4000 which sounds like a great price, I think? 2 year extended engine warrenty too.

Polaris_Man you must know for sure!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i dont know where your getting an o2 xc 600 for 4000, but whoever is selling it is losing their arse.. thats a hella deal.. i bought mine this year for 4900, so if you can get the same for for 900 less buy it right now.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yeah, thats a great price on that sled. I don't think there was much change between the 2 years, if there was it couldnt have been nothing to major. You could probably check the difference on p-mans website. www.polarisfiles.com

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Besides graphics I think the only difference is the Pro-X style wide running boards? Maybe some other minor stuff, 4 grand huh....Well I paid $6500 for mine in November of 01, there still going for around 5 to 5500 up here...I'd jump on the deal if I was you!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The only differance between the 02 and 03 is that the 03 motor has coated pistons. Its supposed to protect against scuffing, but I havent heard of any problems with piston scuffing in the VES motors anyway. What is the price differance between the 02 and 03? If its minor, consider the 03. If its major, go with the 02. Just remember, when you purchase the 02, the second you take it home its a 2 year old model sled. If you plan on keeping it for a few years then its ok. It you plan on having it for 1 or 2 years....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by confusedguy
[br]i think the 03 paint job isnt as attractive as the 02 myself..[:D]
^
^
I agree here also, yes and double check that price! Wouldn't suprise me though if there going that cheap down in America.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would go with the 02 sled. 4000? 2 year warranty? how could you go wrong? it is a great sled but it oveheats if you idle too long. thats the only thing. other than that it is a great sled

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I grabbed the sled. Just in time for the temps to get in the 50's this weekend. I did find the catch to the low price of $4000 though. Turns out that the hood got scuffed up at some point. Not too bad though, one of those cases where you have to be close up to the sled to notice it.

Now what to do with the Purple Screamer? I am thinking about fixing it up a bit and selling it in the fall. Sleds aren't selling too good right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts