Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best clutching for a 2002 edge xc 600? it is pretty much stock other than a 1 inch predator track and a slp air horn intake kit.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
When I clutch xc 600's i use a almond/blue primary spring( or epi yellow), 10-62 weights if under 200 lbs and 10-60 if over 200 lbs. I normally leave the helix alone but with the pred track you could use a R-12 50-36 and put in a epi oranage secondary spring or leave it alone.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i used a almond blue and 10/62 weights on primary... i tried a baby blue secondary spring and its crazy hook up and the power is so differant but i was told i should use a ornage spring

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
One other thing worth mentioning is that if you want more off the lines acceleration you should go with 10-62 weights and if you want more top speed you should go with 10-60s.
If you are riding on a lake that has an inch or 2 of fluffy snow on the top, it wont pull max rpm with 10-62s.
My '01 600 will only pull about 7500 rpm if there is a little powder on the lake but Im willing to give up a little topend power in order to get the awsome acceleration out of the corners that 10-62s give.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i found the same thing wiht mine but i get 8000 rpm and the powder holeshots are crazy skies in the air wiht the bocks on least weight tranfer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks that helps me out alot.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by polaris4u1
[br]i found the same thing wiht mine but i get 8000 rpm and the powder holeshots are crazy skies in the air wiht the bocks on least weight tranfer
At that time I was running 87 octane in my sled with the octane switch set to "regular", so maybe with 93 and the switch set to "premium" it will pull 8,000 rpm even in a little powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts