Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright AC guys. I just got a 02 ZR 600 and my dad is kickin my A$$ outta the corners with this new F5. This needs to stop NOW. What have you guys done with the clutches to get this 600's movin in the mid range. Whats up. Blackmagic, D&D, or EPI. who has the best for this sled. I talked to a performance shop there in my town that said they build their clutch kits for the weight of the rider and they use EPI parts. I'm 6'2, prolly about 250 so i'm not a small guy by any means. Am i gonna gain by havin this guy build me a kit, or what. Who has the best kit is what i guess i'm lookin for, or should i have this dude build me one.. Thanks guys...
BTW i rode the F5 a lil bit.. They are definatly differant. But a good differant i think.. gotta get some more miles on her..

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is probably your best bet. If they can tune it to your weight it will work much better than an average kit from any manufacture.The average rider weight is about 180 so an aftermarket clutch kit probably won't work as good as a custom kit if they are willing to work with you. You really need to make changes and test them against another sled untill your happy with results.GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was told that this was prolly my best bet. I just wanted others peoples 2 cents on the subject..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you've got a shop right there, I'd work with them as well. They'll make sure they tune it specificly for your weight and riding style. Even if you had to order springs and helix yourself, I'd recomend talking to them (EPI)over the phone and buying individual components, instead of the generic kits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, i really appriaciate the help.. HOpefully we get some damn snow here soon so i can put some more miles on it. I bought the sled used with 700 miles on it, only put 140 (in one day) on it myself so far. I'll prolly wait till summer to start working on the clutch. I'm a college student, and really don't wanna spend the money on the sled right now. I already studed it and put some other extras on it. I think i'm done for this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts