Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 02 zr600 CCE...we rode for a bit then stopped to get gas and I noticed that the rear suspension had been very low with little travel and spring and that the bumps were drastic and very soft. so we figured just needs a shock rebuild and itll be ok for the night. But when we stoped again i noticed that the travel had moved back up..SO we figured that maybe it was frozen..This model has the rear adjuster too so maybe we should mess with that? and which way tightens the shock? I still think it is the shock but im not sure what would make it do this but that..? Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME SLED WITH THE SAME CONCERN.IVE JUST HAD MY SHOCKS REBUILT AND REVALVED W/MORE COMPRESSION.DEPENDING ON YOUR WIEGHT,I ALSO SUGGEST MOVING THE REAR ARM LOWER BOLT BACK ONE HOLE.REMEMBER TO ALSO MOVE BACK THE BAR IN FRONT OF IT ONE HOLE ALSO.THIS WILL STIFFEN THE SPRINGS.AS FAR AS THE DIAL ADJUSTER GOES,I WOULD LEAVE IT ALONE.IT WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR CONCERN.IT IS THERE TO ADJUST THE AMOUNT OF FLUID IN THE FRONT SHOCK OF THE REAR SUSPENSION TO ADD OR DECREASE SKI PRESSURE.LOOSEN TO DECREASE SKI PRESSURE AND TIGHTEN TO ADD SKI PRESSURE.....THE REBUILD AND THE ADJUSMENT OF THE REAR ARM DID WONDERS..ITS LIKE I LOST 100LBS..ANY QUESTIONS..HOLLER BACK...
Originally posted by zr580joe
[br]I have the 02 zr600 CCE...we rode for a bit then stopped to get gas and I noticed that the rear suspension had been very low with little travel and spring and that the bumps were drastic and very soft. so we figured just needs a shock rebuild and itll be ok for the night. But when we stoped again i noticed that the travel had moved back up..SO we figured that maybe it was frozen..This model has the rear adjuster too so maybe we should mess with that? and which way tightens the shock? I still think it is the shock but im not sure what would make it do this but that..? Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I had so much trouble with the clicker shock system that my dealer did away with the whole system entirely. I was told that many of the dealers are doing this to the Cross Country sleds that are brought in. I would recommend removing the adjuster because it has saved me a ton of headaches.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
you guys need some stiffer springs in the rear. my dads cougar would do this too, gets spoungy and then somtimes it was fine. the problem isnt your shocks, its your rear springs. we have updated the springs on my dads sled and i have the stiffer springs on my sled and it makes a great difference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the problem is not with the dial.it is with the set geometry of the rear suspension,and due to weakening springs...
Originally posted by ZR600cce
[br]I had so much trouble with the clicker shock system that my dealer did away with the whole system entirely. I was told that many of the dealers are doing this to the Cross Country sleds that are brought in. I would recommend removing the adjuster because it has saved me a ton of headaches.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I bought the upgraded, stiffer springs because I'm a solid 235 about a month after I bought the sleds. I don't think that was my problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts