Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no snow yet....But I thought I would get this going again after seeing some interesting news today. Well we had a high of 42f here today, with the overnight low of 28f!!! so it's starting to really cool off!! Also 14 day forcast shows SNOW for both Paxson and Cantwell on Friday(20th)and Saturday(21st), so hell yeah winter is around the corner!! This is right on pace thought, dug up a thread from last year were I posted snow on the 18th of September....so like I said right on pace, gotta luv mother nature![:D]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
WOW! thats amazing, thats near Fairbanks area right? how much of daytime light do u have now lol, here in maine we have just about little over 13 hours , gets dark around 7:40 pm.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't get dark tell about 10 PM here, a far cry from June and July were the sun really doesn't go down....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check it out!!! Winter is RIGHT around the corner!![:D]

Sun
Sep 14 Rain / Snow 45°/28° 40 %
Mon
Sep 15 Few Snow Showers 44°/32° 30 %
Tue
Sep 16 Mostly Cloudy 47°/33° 20 %
Wed
Sep 17 Rain / Snow Showers 49°/33° 30 %
Thu
Sep 18 Rain / Snow Showers 49°/33° 30 %

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow! I'm jealous. The earliest I can remember getting snow here in MN is on Halloween. I'd be happy as heck if we got it that early again. I still feel like I have to get a couple more rounds of golf in before the snow flys. I am getting pumped up though for snow.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I saw some new snow in the mountains today (Some at Hatchers Pass and some on the military reserve by Eagle River. Got me all kinds of pumped up. Hey I'm not opposed to driving all the way to Fairbanks to ride at the begging of the season either.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal!!! Yeah if you wanted to make a weekend trip up to ride Summit you always got a place to crash here!! Thinking were a few weeks out yet to ride, but the first of October looks VERY promising. Those weather forcast were for here, the ones at Summit look even better!! Almost time......Also heading down to the dealer tommorow to discuss somemore on the new sled, got get crankin cuz the riding is coming up quick!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Wow, haven't even parked the motorcycles for the year yet but now you guys have me thinking.... thinking SNOW that is... [:p]

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Unbelievable Alaskangold. I am jealous!! How late in the season can you guys sled? I wish I lived in Alaska!! MN does not get much of a winter anymore. Were DUE this year however we are in a drought right now.. [?]/snofan/../images/users/gmann/penny_guy_walking_md_wht.gif

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep you guys suck... :) It will be at least another month and a half, probably more like 2 months before we even see snow...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AlaskanGold, My parents have a cabin at Paxson not a time share deal but they went in on building it with a bunch of people in Fairbanks back in 70. Don't think there would be a problem using it if we get early snow in the pass. Only other people that might be there would be others who ride from Fairbanks.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool!!!

Got an update, just got back from Anchor-Town about a half hour ago....snow from Healy to Cantwell half way down the mountains!!! Yesterday when we drove down, we stopped in Healy. Well it must have actually snowed in town on thursday night cuz there was about an inch on the ground... Hopped out the truck and got to make the first snowball of the year!!!!! But yeah when we headed back through today it was gone except on the mountains!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Update
One of the guys in the office drove back from Haines on Saturday. Snowing like hell was his description of it from Mentasta Pass almost all the way to Eureka.
He drove through about 1 am Normally drives like a mad man and he said it was snowing so hard he had to slow down to 35 for 80 miles. Its just around the corner boys we will be riding soon.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: Talked to my dealer today in Delta Junction.... Word was 10 new inches of snow on the Richardson at Summit this weekend... Though the ground is still not frozen so it melted of by sunday:( But the snow level is holding at 3000ft, so maybe three more weeks of cool weather and a little more snow and we could be riding!!! Looking like this could be a good winter, with these snow levels at this time....were looking at an a-typical alaskan winter here boys..........bring it on!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it flurried here for most of the morning tell about 3pm, no accumulation....but it was still nice to see!! Looked like the snow level dropped to about 1,500 to 1,000 feet on the Alaskan Range.....18f is the overnight low, daytime high for tomorrow is 28f....and a chance of snow.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I am driving up to Fairbanks next friday (kid has a gymnastics meet) hope to drive through some snow on the way.
I will be ready for it to fly in the next two-three weeks I should have my pipes and clutch kit on in two weeks and the top torque bracket on in three. Then it should be time to tune. Need some snow for that.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
SNOW!!! Snowed in Anchorage at sealevel on Saturday the 20th of Sept. Its gonna be a good year. OK its gone now but it was good to see the white stuff falling from the sky

BW I got the D&D pipes

1 - 20 of 94 Posts