Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my local dealer and they couldn't find any type of tank kit for the 03 model. So I bought a 10 gallon edge tank and console to try to replace the 5 gallon tank on my 03 pro-x, but the racing hoop dosen't hold the tank down, nor will a standard edge hoop do the job. So I thought I was going to have to fabricate something. I then called Bill Rader at Polaris Racing and found out that the 02 tank kit will work on the 03 sled, but not on the 04 pro-xr. If this is the case, why wouldn't Polaris let the dealers know this so thats others like me who are "retiring" their old race sleds into nice trail cruisers don't go through the hassle that I have? Any others out there have this problem? The part number is 2202375 for any others that maybe wanting to do this to their sled as well. The kit comes with a 11.8 gallon tank, edge console, the correct hoop, new steering rod, and some other hardware.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Dealers don't know jack about 440's.... You gotta do it on your own and then give em part #'s heh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts