Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2003 700 RMK and have had more problems than miles. Anybody else having problems with this machine? I am riding in everything from wet powder, sugar powder, trail, name it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After getting stuck, I learned there had been a recal on the fuel pump, later on I lost all my coolant, dealer tried to say it was from a loose hose clamp. I find that hard to believe due to the fact I saw the coolant rushing out the over flow tupe in the resevor. Then just over all over heating. The overheating came from running a little long on hard pack. All with in the first 170 miles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
These are not bad things... Get out a screwdriver and tighten up the clamps, or screw the pressure cap back on to the coolant resivor bottle properly. About the overheathing on hardback, just dive off into some powder every few minutes. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. They are not bad things, just fustrating. I am more just confused why the dealer is saying one thing and I saw something completely different. If it had realy been a loose clamp, why did I see the coolant gushing out the overflow tube rather the loose clamp. Even my riding buddies are calling B.S. This is the same dealer that didn't notify their customers about a product recall which cost me to get towed out 20 miles. Their excuse: We didn't feel it was necessary to tell everyone cause not all the sleds were having problems.
Anyway, thanks for the adivse.

·
Registered
197 Posts
coolant overflow is normal under overheating circumstances, however it sounds like you broke it in too hard/impropper. machine needs extra lube under track(snow) for propper break in....if it overheats again check thermostat,bleed air out of block

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i have a 03 sks and mine starting pucking anti-freeze out also..i thought it was comming from the over flow tube seeing as how it was dripping from there,so i figured it was just over heating well when i got home i realized it wasnt..my hose clamps were ready to fall off..the dealer told me when i first bought it that i would need to retighten them up..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,so far so good. The new hose clamps seem to do the trick. Now if I couls only find more time to ride. I wonder what other common problems the '03 models are having? As dar as breaking in the sled, I may have been a little hard on it, I thought I was alternating between the trail and the powder enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts