Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a pro x chassis without a engine, had a 6 in it. that engine is toast and i don't have enough money to rebuild it. so i'm probly gonna take it apart and use spare parts for my edge x. i was pondering and pondering if i should put my 800 engine in it. but i don't have a pipe for it, just the edge chassis pipe. would that fit? idk what i should do. still pondering. another thing i have been thinking about doing was taking off the steering post from the pro and moving it to the edge.. would it work? any suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Why dont you just put your 800 in the Pro-X chassis?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ride yer edge.

And when you have the $$ to rebuild the motor in the prox, rebuild the motor...

·
Registered
148 Posts
If your thinking about taking parts off of one sled to put on the other, why not just sell the Edge X and then use the money to rebuild the 600VES ProX. There isn't very many parts that are swappable from an Edge chassis to a ProX chassis (at least without work).

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
ssracing said:
If your thinking about taking parts off of one sled to put on the other, why not just sell the Edge X and then use the money to rebuild the 600VES ProX. There isn't very many parts that are swappable from an Edge chassis to a ProX chassis (at least without work).
x2. ProX is superior to the Edge X chassis.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Edge-X is nothing different than an XcSp other than tunnel support brackets

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i know a pro x is way different from the edge. i like that edge, and it seems to be in better shape than that pro. the engine needs a new crankshaft, rods, pistons, water pump parts, cylinders gaskets and various other parts, and i'd rather not spend thousands to rebuild it. i have considered putting my 800 engine in there, but there's just too much wear and tear on the chassis and the tunnel seems to be worse shape than the edge. i have been considering putting the steering post with the bars on the edge. i'm wondering if that's possible. i have ridden those pro-x's and they are very comfy riding standing up. but what they lose is top end speed, i've run away from these things before and i know it's just the suspension geometry and the factory dent in the pipe that makes the engine lose some power, but i do know that it could be remedied with a aftermarket pipe. but that would just cost more money to get along with the carbs and clutches. so in other words, i just don't have the money for a rebuild. my money will be going to my new born daughter over the years, so i'll probly just do that as a future build.

ssracing said:
as i stated before i like that edge x 800 and it is it's own kind here, i don't see other snowmobiles like it around. so it's a one-of-a-kind snowmachine. i've been keeping it running since nov 2002. engine wise i like the power over the 6 of those model years. my 800 didn't have any crank issues and that 6 has numerous problems, probly due to poor maintinence. i've only changed one cyl, the pistons, the rings and the gaskets twice. although i do like the stiffness of the pro, i prefer the edge x over that pro x i have. and what kinda work are you saying? like welding and such?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why don't you use this adapter http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=204 then use your ProX riser block and bars, that's what I did on my EDGE sleds. It would be easier than switching the steering post from the ProX to the EDGE. This way your converting the EDGE steering post to a T-style like a ProX.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
didn't know there was a product like that! nice find! i'll probly do that then, get that product and put on the bars and riser from the pro x. thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts