Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 Firecat, I bought it used 1000 miles, no manual. Yesterday my kid was riding it around and the check engine light started blinking, almost a code blink. 3 or 4 flashes, a pause and repeated the 3 or 4 flashes. The oil was full and so was the tank, there was snow on the ground but there was a crust on it so not much snow was getting kicked into the heat exchangers. Was it possibly a heat warning or...? I thought maybe it was getting hot so I took it into deeper snow to cool it and it seemed to stop. If anyone knows please let me know I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yes the 03 has a cooling issue.

Any low/poor snow condition, and you will see the light flash. The light starts to flash when the engine temp reaches 180. That is just a warning for you to find some snow, or get above 40MPH to let the wind cool it down. At 200 the light will come on solid, and the sled will go into a "limp" mode. If that happens shut it down. The sled will barely be drive-able anyway.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It was definitally the hi temp warning! If it stays flashing its overheating or the exhaust temp sensor!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 03 f5 and there was a recall awhile back on the exhaust temp sensor, which was makiing the engine light blink, just like u are saying. Since yours is used i would just go to a dealer and see if it was ever replaced. I bet that is the problem.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You should have a sticker under the hood that tells you what the blinking codes mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts