Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 pro x 800 and am doing a 136 rail and tunnel extension, I picked up a 2 inch campolast challenger track off a buddy for 100 bucks that he used for 3 months. I installed the track on the sled tonight ( I'm still waiting for the tunnel extension to come in the mail) it clears the front heat exchanger in the tunnel but I'm not sure if it will clear the exchangers that run inside the tunnel, as far as I know the drive cogs are stock, has anyone done this mod if so what would you recommend, I'm open to any opinions and recommendations

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You'll definitely need to notch the paddles to clear the tunnel coolers. 1 1/2" is the most you can run without notching.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
like rubi said, the track needs to be notched for the coolers otherwise it will rub

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rubi said:
You'll definitely need to notch the paddles to clear the tunnel coolers. 1 1/2" is the most you can run without notching.
Could I mount my rear suspension 1/2 inch lower than the factory holes in the tunnel?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It'll probably still hit the front of the coolers. I wouldn't mess with your geometry. Just notch the track. It's done all the time. Do a search of the forum. People have invented ways of doing it very easily.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
U might need RMK rear brackets or drivers so u won't have to notch track

·
Registered
12 Posts
how are the pro x's I was looking at a 440 my buddy just got a 2012 Polaris pro r 600 and I have a 2000 Arctic Cat Zrt 600 with new rings and head gaskets I was wondering who would win in a 600yd race

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
The pro-x and RMK 144x2.0 take the same drivers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did that extension on my 01 600 xc sp. I was told that the 2" lugs would be fine...NOT the case. I had to trim paddles down to clear in tunnel. I had ridden it with the drop extensions on the sled...ass end way up in the air (that lasted for a day)..put it back to normal and rode much better! Wish I would have put a 1.5 or 1.25" track on it so it doesn't look so wird with the cut paddles (simply a personal thing KNOWING that I had cut them). Had to trim all the paddles that were under the coolers. I have the stock drivers from the originol track in my sled..works well. Got to ride it up in the U.P last year and had a great time..no slipping. I can also tell you from three weekends in a row in trying to get this done that the paddles WILL hit the coolers with any weight on the sled. I simply had an exacto knife blad to cut them..some requiered a thicker blade but with the track off I sliced and trimmed them up. Didn't take too long, and was easy..now granted I shed a tear while cutting that 2" paddle :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts