Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what a good gearing setup would be? and also helix? i have 10-68s with a blue almond spring. also i heard i should change the exhaust valves to the stainless steel valves bc the stock ones have some problems?

·
Registered
334 Posts
The best all around gearing for that sled is 24/41. If you have the team on there the most common helix is a 66/44.46 helix. Yes, the stock aluminum valves do break and can cause catastophic failure to the engine when they drop into the cylinder and get between the piston and head. I would highly recommend the stainless steel valve upgrade kits.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1fastxc said:
The best all around gearing for that sled is 24/41. If you have the team on there the most common helix is a 66/44.46 helix. Yes, the stock aluminum valves do break and can cause catastophic failure to the engine when they drop into the cylinder and get between the piston and head. I would highly recommend the stainless steel valve upgrade kits.
where can i get the stainless steel valves?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Right from polaris. The part number for the kits is 2202838, if the kits are still available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts