Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2003 Rev 440 X that has been trail converted at the dealer, but the guy just rebuilt it and put the high compression domes in it. He said it runs great out on the trails with the switch on the bars set at 91 octane. Should I just leave it like this and run premium fuel, or do you recommend getting some low compression domes. I'm just worried about having to run race fuel and not being able to find it on the trails. He said hu just ran premium with the occasional octane boost mixed in. The machine will be used for the trails and that's about it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I have heard that people dont like to use the switch due to failure in them. Buy some low comp domes. They dont take long to change out ( can be done in 45 minutes if you drain a little of your coolant first ) and remove the octane switch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i had union bay high comp domes on my 700 polaris and never had a problem with them. i just ran the premium with no ethanol.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Run low comp domes, if that guy ran the high comps with premium I guarantee there has been some pre detonation. Lead foot he means running low comp domes 91+ octane, or high compression comes 110+ octane.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had the same sled and a lot of people run the hc heads on that year. I did not for the extra security. Check the race section on "dootalk" a lot of info on that sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts