Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the first thing to do to a Viper? would a new secondary be the first step? If so what would be the best one for trail riding (somewhat agressive).[:)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just my .02
I would do performance mods before clutching unless you plan on going to adjustable wieghts. Reason being is that if you add pipes after you clutch you will be back at square one on your clutching. Tripple pipes will bring that thing alive. SXViperUT probably has a better Idea on the order the mods should be done. He got to ride his this weekend after doing a few mods, I think he would be a good resource on that sled.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yep, triple pipes first. They really bring the Viper to life! Depending on the brand of pipes they will give you anywhere from 25-30hp.Check out this link and click on Yamaha and go down and click on the Viper, there are some other goodies too! Jeff Simon really knows his stuff.

http://www.simonscpr.com/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Hey, another Viper guy! I just did a bunch of work to my 03. Check my sig below for the list. This Hauck setup has really impressed me so far. From what I have seen, Hauck pipes are pretty much the same thing as CPRs. They look about identical . . . not really sure of the story behind that tho.

The pipes, besides sounding great but not obnoxious, supposedly added 31hp too. These suckers gave me great mid range. Feels like a new sled almost.

I also added a Hauck speed ring which lets the primary come out all the way giving you 7 more mph.

I also also, hehe, put on a Hauck Helix and new secondary(red) spring. The Viper back shifts and really hammers out of corners now.

Oh yeah, put in CarbonTech reeds too. They gave me some more snap on the low end. Most folks I've talked to said not to bother with the VForce system. Adding these carbontechs do just as much for a lot cheaper.

You will want to add the adjustable torque limiter too. . . gotta keep that motor straight!

All these mods are going to definitely live up to my sleddin nickname which is the Wiper. Last year, my sled was rolled, cartwheeled, and even pushed a trailing arm to the sky on my first ride. I'm really in trouble now. Here are some links and I attached a picture of my modded motor.

http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com

http://www.totallyamaha.com/ <---Forums with knowledgable guys. Even a Viper forum.

/snofan/../images/users/SXViper_UT/after.jpg

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I would almost bet that those Hauck pipes were made by CPR. Jeff's company makes pipes for alot of other companies,including for Black Magic,which is strictly for Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I went to Jeff's site and compared pictures. . . You gotta be right!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Man those triples with triple pipes sure do look SWEET!! Gettin' a woody just lookin' at that pic! LOL

I wanted to get one of those cookers,but my riding buddies gave me all kinds of crap about it. Bet they would be jealous when I was chowing down on a trail break!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts