Snowmobile Fanatics banner

03 XCSP 800 Mods?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  1fastxc 
#1 ·
Ive got 03 xcsp 800, stick with the exception of a 1.25 ripdsaw and 144 studs down the middle. im thinking about a can and clutch kit. Does anyone have reccomendations?? i ride mostly in illinois and wis so the exhaust CANT BE RIDICULOUSLY LOUD THANKS!

#2 ·
perhaps a SLP single pipe kit? with aftermarket reeds, clutch kit for that pipe kit. some stagnate air vents. cheater heads, with high flow air horn for the airbox. hmm...what else...many possible combinations that are limitless. it's really your choice.

#4 ·
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=442797

^^ there's some things to look at if you want some modification information for your 800. Other wise, if you want a can for best sounds, go with a Skiz Ultra Q or Super Q, if you want a nice sound, but not overly loud, Ultra Q or MBRP trail can. SLP is not overly loud either.

#6 ·
Dragon700 said:
sschwei399 said:
CANT BE RIDICULOUSLY LOUD THANKS!
Can you read?

motorheaderr said:
sno stuff rumble pack
Sno Stuff's are some of the loudest cans out there.

sorry i missed the last portion where he said that,, my bad, yeah if you want it semi quite i would go with ultra-q, slp, hot seat, stay away from the rumble pack if you dont want loudness cz when they break in or if you sink them they get really obnoxious!

#7 ·
sschwei399 said:
Ive got 03 xcsp 800, stick with the exception of a 1.25 ripdsaw and 144 studs down the middle. im thinking about a can and clutch kit. Does anyone have reccomendations?? i ride mostly in illinois and wis so the exhaust CANT BE RIDICULOUSLY LOUD THANKS!
What is your budget? Trail, ditch, or lakes? Want a good top speed or a good launch? etc, etc...

#9 ·
motorheaderr said:
i dont think he needs a whole exhaust system, i would definetly go with a sno stuff rumble pack if you just wana can it. best way to go, best sound out there
Why wouldn't he need a whole exhaust system? Cans do absolutley nothing besides make noise. Your gaining a decent chunk of horse from a full system.

How much money are you willing to spend?

#10 ·
he said he wanted to can it not pipe the whole thing, and when you pipe and can something that usually tends to make the sled pretty dam loud, he said he doesnt want it extremely loud!! if you are interested i am selling or will trade things for my speedwerx hot seat can.

Grass Lawn Tree Plant Auto part

#11 ·
well i want a decent sound definatley. im prolly lookin to keep under five hundo this season. but as some of u noticed i dont want anything too loud i do alot of trail riding and some lake running.so obnoxious is out of the question. so ii was thinking just a can and clutch kit this season. do i go to EPI or do like the link up top suggests??

#12 ·
i just installed an epi kit on my sled -- ive read good things -- the true test will be when the snow gets here

#15 ·
Don't waste your money on a can, get the full slp exhaust. The full exhaust isn't any louder than just adding a can, they're the same can that is used, so it's no louder. You can find the full setup used sometimes for a decent price, but they work very well so they can be hard to come by since guys keep them til they sell the sled. I don't think i'd go for a complete kit as far as clutching. Buy a Dalton 48-36 full progressive helix, dalton 72 gram weights and run a polaris blue-orange in the secondary with the stock dark blue/white in the primary. That's if you buy a pipe setup. If not just change the weights to 70 gram weights, everything else the same though if you don't buy the pipe setup. The best(fastest) trail setup you can do is the slp performance edition porting package. that really makes the 800 fly. I ran that setup for years on my 800 with some of my own custom tweaks and it was a giant killer. That does take more money though, but well worth it IMPO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.