Snowmobile Fanatics banner

03 yamaha blaster 200 problem

8K views 38 replies 5 participants last post by  sledhead443 
#1 ·
The other day i got stuck in about 2 and 1/2 feet deep of mud for about 250 feet out. When I got unstuck after 2 hours[:(!] when I was going down the trail I heard this knocking coming from the motor. so i stopped and put it in nuteral. and it revved up to the rev limitor the i shut it off. so i put it in first gear and listend to the motor. im pretty sure theres a rod knoking in the motor. and when i was almost home it backfire a streak of fire. I wish I had Listend to my grandpa about the motor.[confused]

#2 ·
Bet you broke a skirt on the piston,my blaster did that same thing. Those things DO NOT like being in water and mud,after I rebuilt it and sold it to the next kid he went mudding with it and blew it up again.

#3 ·
i think that might be it. Im really not all that happy with my blaster. It was fun when i first got it but i live in alaska and its cold as hell here half of the time. and its kick start. I want to get a yzf450 or a raptor 660. Well since im 13 i could get a 90cc polaris preditor. my friend had 1 last year that was modified for racing at it kept up rite next to my blaster on the track

#5 ·
RMK-KING said:
A yamaha warrior might be a better quad for you,they are pretty durable.
are they kick start or electric? theres 1 on craigslist here thats highly modified is waht they claim for $1500

#9 ·
my dad got his friends 69 mustang running and everything is re built and restored. we just had to re build the motor. anyways he might be giving us a 06 honda trx 250 for the work. yay!

#11 ·
he decided to give us his red trx. it has a fmf racing pipe. maxxis racing tires. the front fenders are almost completely gone cause they have been trimmed. along with some new pro taped bars and nerf bars. it is in ok shape but im happy! ill post picks later

#14 ·
well long story short..... the trx is my Dads and the blaster is still mine i have to push start it to start it because there is no compression. anyways were going to set out an order for wiesco piston and rings. i found out that when i first got the blaster the piston was going out on it,cuz i rode my friend bruises blaster and it sounds nothing like mine and his is all stock. im going to try and sell my blaster for $1200 cuz it is in good shape but if i cant sell it ill just ride it, other hand if i do sell it ill be getting this
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/mcy/1818443693.html

#16 ·
Those blaster are a lot of fun. My neighbor had one and all it has was a full LRD race exhaust and it was quick. If your going to rebuild it you should look into Vitos. wiesco is a good company and make good products but I have been very happy with Vitos, they are out of Detroit and have a whole page for blasters. I got my topend kit for the Banshee $75 less then from Wiesco.

Those Warriors are awesome quads, the motors have been around forever and still used in the Raptor 350's. I just got my wife one for xmas and being a 4 stroke the torques is very nice. The only down full of the warrior/raptor350 motors are they get hot fast. Yamaha should have put a fan on those.

Anyways if your going to play in the mud you have to be ready for something to break or go wrong. Just my 2cents.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive wheel system

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Off-roading Motor vehicle

#17 ·
KRSS144 said:
Those blaster are a lot of fun. My neighbor had one and all it has was a full LRD race exhaust and it was quick. If your going to rebuild it you should look into Vitos. wiesco is a good company and make good products but I have been very happy with Vitos, they are out of Detroit and have a whole page for blasters. I got my topend kit for the Banshee $75 less then from Wiesco.

Those Warriors are awesome quads, the motors have been around forever and still used in the Raptor 350's. I just got my wife one for xmas and being a 4 stroke the torques is very nice. The only down full of the warrior/raptor350 motors are they get hot fast. Yamaha should have put a fan on those.

Anyways if your going to play in the mud you have to be ready for something to break or go wrong. Just my 2cents.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive wheel system

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Off-roading Motor vehicle
ok thanks for the advice ill check out vitos. if i get a warrior ill hook up some fan or cooling system. and in your pics isnt that a banshee cuz of the twin exhaust and where the lights are and the fenders?

#19 ·
Yes thats a Banshee...www.vitosperformance.com

If your looking at the Hondas go for the 350x

#21 ·
if your going to get somthing, get the warrior. the tri-z and 250r are alot of power for someone your age. plus the warrior will be better all around for trail and play. were the bigger 2 strokes will foul up and you'll be rebuilding them, were a four stroke will last just about forever if you take care of it. just my 2 cents.

#22 ·
crazyzrt600 said:
if your going to get somthing, get the warrior. the tri-z and 250r are alot of power for someone your age. plus the warrior will be better all around for trail and play. were the bigger 2 strokes will foul up and you'll be rebuilding them, were a four stroke will last just about forever if you take care of it. just my 2 cents.
ok. does a 200x have alot of power?

#23 ·
sledhead443 said:
crazyzrt600 said:
ok. does a 200x have alot of power?
ive been told they'll crank right along

#24 ·
ok theres a problem with my dad. when me and him were talking about what i was going to get when i sell my blaster we wnt through warrior, banshee, and yfz 450. then i said "what about a honda 200x racing 3 wheeler?" he said NO! why i asked they will tip over and kill you! i said only if your being dumb and turn really sharp and really fast. i also asked him have you ever rode one before?, he said no. then we argued for about 15 minits. what could i say to let my dad let me get a 3 wheeler?

#25 ·
ATCs do handle like crap compared to a ATV, just about any ATC will be a downgrade from your blaster. Stick with finding a warrior and be done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.