Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Arctic Cat ZR 900. carb, runs and looks good
SLP pipes and can ( not too loud )
clutched , geared, jetted, 4'' bar riser with hooked bars, heated grips and throttle , 1'' Hacksaw track with 144 Woody's pics
only 3200 miles
FAST!!!

ADD- http://maine.craigslist.org/rvs/2055964170.html

900 has the twin pipes and can from SLp, geared down a tooth, has a different spring in clutch. Comes with extra hood and windshield. New bogie wheels and other ends.

This sled for my 01 edge x and 01 SXR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5000 on both my sleds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
just because of my personel experience with cats i would say not worth it, i have had terable luck with carbs and efis alike, primarily the clutches want to rip apart, they get cracks in them and fly apart, efis we fight stators, carb we fight jetting, they are never happy, and also clutch side bearings go out way to early and to much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[No message]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Does it come with both hoods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. two windshields too.
He comes to me, so no traveling.
Guy said he has $1000 into the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
I had an 04 900, Sled was mean, got consistant 12mpg, worked like a mexican during broccoli season.

Mine had 2700 When I sold it, only rode it like 400 miles, Had traded it for a car I had. I LOVED it.

The only thing youll have to do is shim the powervalves, go on HCS brand specific, they have everything youll need to know.

03 Is the fastest year and most reliable without the DD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luke68Polaris said:
I had an 04 900, Sled was mean, got consistant 12mpg, worked like a mexican during broccoli season.

Mine had 2700 When I sold it, only rode it like 400 miles, Had traded it for a car I had. I LOVED it.

The only thing youll have to do is shim the powervalves, go on HCS brand specific, they have everything youll need to know.

03 Is the fastest year and most reliable without the DD.
12? Ouch.
Love the quote there bud. 03 was the fastest for this, and the F7? Guess Cat had it going on that year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
Luke68Polaris said:
I had an 04 900, Sled was mean, got consistant 12mpg, worked like a mexican during broccoli season.

Mine had 2700 When I sold it, only rode it like 400 miles, Had traded it for a car I had. I LOVED it.

The only thing youll have to do is shim the powervalves, go on HCS brand specific, they have everything youll need to know.

03 Is the fastest year and most reliable without the DD.
12? Ouch.
Love the quote there bud. 03 was the fastest for this, and the F7? Guess Cat had it going on that year.
12 is pretty good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Figures, i dont pay attention to sled MPG, so im unused to it.
The seat has been painted with black vinyl paint, to give it the all-black look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
Figures, i dont pay attention to sled MPG, so im unused to it.
The seat has been painted with black vinyl paint, to give it the all-black look.
Be prepared for it to flake and fade off. He probably touched it up right before you saw it, once you start riding its done.

03 Was a fast year. but look at the recalls and service bulletins for them too. More the F7 than the ZR because that ZR chassis was already in production 2 years.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,680 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
just because of my personel experience with cats i would say not worth it, i have had terable luck with carbs and efis alike, primarily the clutches want to rip apart, they get cracks in them and fly apart, efis we fight stators, carb we fight jetting, they are never happy, and also clutch side bearings go out way to early and to much
You must just have bad luck. Myself, nor my friends who ride Cats, have ever had any major issues. Our group has had Cats from '94-08 over time. Some were known for stator problems, I agree. Seems to be hit or miss though. Ours never had problems.

As far as the trade goes, I feel he would be getting the better deal if you trade straight up. I think your sleds are worth more, but prices vary so much from place to place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
As far as the trade goes, I think your getting a decent deal. Both your sleds are short tracks, trail riding playing around machines with significant miles. His sled is the same deal, with less miles and 35 more HP. You cant ride both sleds at the same time, so you might as well take the better one.

To me, The Edge is worth 15-1700, and the SXR is 1200-1500. Low miles clean ZR's (given his has some shady stuff, hoods and seat paint) its still worth Mid to low 3k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, im hovering around the trade. He seems interested. Around here, my two sleds sell for close to $2000 each, maybe a little less with the miles, but they have a lot of extras. The thing that really attracts me here is the significant horsepower.
I'll keep everyone updated on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now i just got a call from a Dealership. They offered me this- they will trade my two sleds, and a few hundred bucks, for one of their sleds. They have a 05 Fudion 900, and a 06 Fusion 700.
Now what are peoples thoughts?
Not trying to dance around here, i just don't know jack about the new sleds, looking for help.

20101112153149464_23167.jpg




The 900 is a 2005 in flawless condition! 5223 for mileage Needs nothing, fully serviced, ready for snow. It has a can and a studded track. (1 ¼ ripsaw). The 700 is a 2006 that is in very good condition, also studded. (1 ¼ ripsaw) 7378 mileage.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top