Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just trail converted my sno pro and am wondering the average temp and rough meltdown temperature. I don't want to go out on my sled and think its running good at when its on the verge of a melt down. Not worth it since I just put a grand into it!
Thnx guys![:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
It's hard to say what an "average" temperature will be simply because conditions vary every day. It also depends on where the gauge is taking its reading from.

From my research, anything under 140*F is optimal. After that, the temps can rise quickly and lose horsepower. Overheating is upwards of 180*F, but I would be trying to cool it down once it gets up around 160*F.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quinlan said:
It's hard to say what an "average" temperature will be simply because conditions vary every day. It also depends on where the gauge is taking its reading from.

From my research, anything under 140*F is optimal. After that, the temps can rise quickly and lose horsepower. Overheating is upwards of 180*F, but I would be trying to cool it down once it gets up around 160*F.
Where did you get the reading from though?the block?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
The optimum location is in the base where the factory temp sensor would go. There is probably a 1/4" plug that would have to be removed, and then adapted to whatever your sensor may be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts