Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Doo and Polaris eliminate their 800 CC Triples this year?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
yep, they said their sales were declining so they dropped them off their line up.I wish they would of at least kept the 800 xcr..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta admit the CK-3 Chassis was prolly the best looking Ski-Doo sled to date.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I am happy they are gone, they were fast sure but outdated, the only reason the triple market died is becasue the industry has let ti and wants it to. They could easily build an Edge Chassis XCR that would be a pretty nice trail machine, good ridable sled that still RIPS on the lake but they choose not too. I don't want to hear how much it would cost to develop it because Hot To Go Racing has a kit that lets you drop an XCR 800 engine into an Edge Chassis! So obviouslly its very doable. Everyone but Yamaha has just decided they don't want triples anymore. American Snowmobiler magazine had a letter in its letters section from a rider who said the exact thign I just did, that he wants a new triple and the industry is forcing the death. These are my opinions, personally if Polaris built a new XLT on the Edge chassis with a slightly lightened XCR 800 engine and single pipe I would be first in line to buy it! And I know others that would too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sled_dog is right. It would be nice to have the triple back cause I have not had one problem with my 94 XLT and if they ever made a new one I would be the first one their to snowcheck one!!!

/snofan/../images/users/polarisisthebest/polarisXLT.jpg

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yea it sucks,now if you want a triple you have to go Yamaha,the SRX was a nice sled but its gone to,the Viper has nowhere near the power of a SRX.not even a 600 SRX,

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
... since when? Notice my avatar, my dad has a Viper, it has bottom end power equivalent to an SRX and falls off at the top end, put on the triple pipes(as my dad did) and it puts out the same power as an SRX a lot less weight and better suspension.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
see.....what i think is that most of the buyers out there want somethin that they can ride aggressivly on.Somethin with good shock,handling etc. So basicly want somethin like a mxz or pro x orfirecat.jmo though!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
agreed totally, tahts what i want and thats why I want a twin casue you can't get a trip like that. BUt I really think if the Viper had wide boards, a-arms, and tall bars it would be that sled.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
every one wants to be a racer, no one wants a trail sled anyomore. it will all come around agian. I bet in 2005 the gas tanks will be down to 5-6 gallons to save more wieght, lets just stand and ride for 200 miles a day, I could easily sit in the rev position for 200 miles, but i dont want to pay the money for a sled that cant ride an easy 100+ miles on a tank of gas, I am not paying 800 class money for a slower 800 class machine. I like to do my trail riding but its also fun at the end of the trail to hit the open flats or lake and let it fly, or hit a hill and just blow up it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
XCR does a 100/tank no prob..
Three of the guys I ride with are all tripple owners. I'm fine for another 2 years.. they are really undecided..Next sled could very well be a custom.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i heard 94-95 xlts were the best years.. the rest had cylinder and crank prolems or somethn. my uncle has a 94 with 7200 miles on it still runin fine.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Actually it was the '93-'94 Xlts that were the best. Those were the 580's. In '95 they started making the 597's and those were the ones that had the crank problems up through mid-'97

·
Registered
197 Posts
dont blame the industry for the death of the triple....it was them durn tree huggers dunit! new regs for air/noise polution mandate 40% reduction on ALL offroad vehicles (in the US) by 2008! you will see more 4 strokes more SDI+multiport EFI setups.
the triple has gone the way of the dinosaurs! and i am not sorry to see them go! any one with 03' machines....you have the last of the real fire breathers....so hang on to them, its all downhill from here!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey 650indy!! I once went 135 miles on one tank of gas on my 97 XCR600se. Up in Canada and didnt realize that the next fill up was 100 miles away! I dont think the throttle every got to half way on the bars to make it that far. Most of the time I got 90 to 100 out of a tank of fuel with some playing. Alot of playing, maybe 75 miles to a tank!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I usually have a case of happy thumb.. Find for the most part trail running you don't need full bar running with the big tripple, way too much spinning. It can pretty much level anything looking like a bump and relocates it 15 feet behind you. Had a 97 xcr, my buddy still has his 98. Were a $1 apart on gas stops, my buddy Dave with a 97 Xltsp $2 differance.
I set my trip meter each gas stop, genII gas gauge sucks, 110-125 miles/tank is normal.
Still can by a Yamaha for a tripple..

·
Registered
506 Posts
not a 3x3 tho

and ya, I know what ya mean about relocating the bumps to behind you, just like... picks it up and throws it out the back

1 - 20 of 24 Posts