Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be a good can for it. i just wanna for some more power out but more importanly i want a nice sound from er

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
cans do not add much if any hp and loud cans equal trail closings. mbrp may make can for that sled
Most cans are usually a power loss ( especially on a race sled. They are tuned from the factory for most performance possible ). They say 3-5hp power increase, they forget to tell you that's with it bored, ported, and other work here and there for tuning.

And yes, loud cans = trails being closed ( if you ride trails ). I have a mod sled with a custom can that is freakin loud. That will be for summer use only, and maybe for the track as well ( noise is very intimidating at the track ). Other than that, I will be running stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i figuired. does anyone know if id have to move the choke and handwarmer switch to put the 10 gallon tank on? right now they are below the kill cord

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
All silencers (cans, mufflers, whatever) add 0 hp, but do loose about 6 pounds, make accesing the chaicase dipstick alot easier, less bulk under hood, less heat.

My favourite sound is MBRP race can, next is SnoStuff, Slp is nice.

There are so many brands, mbrp, slp, dynoport, jaws, snostuff, superq, ultraq, the thing <-- the ones i know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts