Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which 04 XC do you think is better & what color? I'm trying to make a decision here! I'll be riding mostly on trails, some tight, and occaisional groomed trails and lakes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would go with the black and silver XC 600. The 600 and 700 motors are both really strong, you can't go wrong with either, but I chose the 600 because it costs less, should cost less to run and insure, but the final decision is up to you. Either way you are gonna have a really nice sled.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i don,t recall the cost diff,but the 7 can,t be that much more,and will be faster,maybe a few lbs heavier,thats my opinion

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like my favorite (600 blue & white) is the least favorite in the poll so far. I'm going to check them out again in person soon.
Thanks for the welcome Napadave!
Scott

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
remember color doesnt make the sled... The color can always be changed.... You wont be wrong with any of those sleds. Your sled should always be an extension of what you like, not what everyone else likes. Half the fun is making them different than everyone else.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thought I'd tell you guys that I'm getting a blue&white 700XC!! WHOOHOO!!!!
I really like the blue&white and for a little more money than the 6, I figured it would be better to get the 7 for the added features like DET, compression release, & slightly bigger lugs- not to mention the extra 100cc's![:D] I'm pretty psyched! I'll just have to keep my thumb under control on the tight trails. ;) Thanks again everybody for your advice. I'll actually get it next week & I'll try to get some pics up if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the new snow missle:
/polarisman/../images/users/Rudolph/XC corner.jpg

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i really like the graphics on the 04 polaris's, especially the Xcs and Switchbacks, you'll love it

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
that sled looks real sweet!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Good Choice... I like the Blue and White a lot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I'm pretty psyched.
My first and last sled was a blue 440 Indy Sport that I sold about 10 years ago. I've always wanted to get another one since then. I think this sled is going to feel scary-fast. I'll get used to it though [:D]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Excellent choice. I like the blue - white also. Stands out.

The 700 XC is still my favourite trail sled. Very comfortable with lots of grunt all the way up. This sled just gets better each year. On the trails the XC is one of the best handling sleds out there. Very predictable with minimal lift. It rails with the newest competitors models, sometimes better. Even though it may be a few years old the edge chassis is still one of the sledding magazines favourite rides. That says something about the edge.

The new DET is a plus.

And yes, it will have a wee bit more on tap than the 440 sport. The ski's lightly tapping under a WOT pull as you blast past 90 while she's still trying to seperate your hands from the bars, just awesome. LOL. You'll quickly learn respect for the 700.

Welcome back and be safe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts