Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i decided that i could no longer wait to see what my sled would look like (ProX2).

So, when i got out of work @ 5pm, i left for the snowmobile show in Syracuse, NY. Got there at 8pm, show closed at 9pm, got home at 12pm.. LOL. It was worth it though!

Anyways, i got to see my sled in person, as well as the rest of the polaris line - no standard ProX's were there though. Didnt get much time to look at the other brands of sleds, but i got a few pictures of the other unique sleds!

Overall, i was very disappointed in Polaris. Both their XR and X2 were absolutely filthy - dirt under the hood, track hifax's were worn and used - looks like they used these sled's for a grass drag and never cleaned them. The X2 even had a scratched hood!

I also found a polaris rep there, and he told me about 2weeks until they start production on the X2's, meaning we should see them by the 3rd week of october.

The ProX2:[/size=5]

It was tough getting clear pictures, there was a constant crowd around the sled - everyone needed to sit on this sled to see what it was like! And after they sat on it, they stood around it for about 5 minutes staring.

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/x2-2.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/x2-3.JPG

Some additional info:
1.) The X2 DOES have reverse.
2.) The X2 Does NOT have the holeshot button.
3.) The X2 does have tunnel protectors for studding pre-installed from the factory.
4.) The back of the sled is so light i can pick it up with one hand (just grabbed bumper and lifted, up it came)
5.) The seat was about the perfect height / position for me - handlebars werent too low to hit your knees, and they werent too high to make you feel like you are on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pro XR:[/size=5]

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/xr-1.JPG

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/xr-3.JPG

Some more info:
1.) The seat is (IMO) too small for trail riding.
2.) This floor model did not have reverse.
3.) Did NOT have holeshot button
4.) Did not have a speedometer
5.) Depspite what my dealer told me, this sled IS oil-injected.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And some more pics:

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/edgeT-1.JPG

This sled just looked nasty. But once i opened the hood, i remembered why i did not want a 4-stroke.

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/yam1.JPG

This sled was drawing just about the biggest crowd in the place (Besides where Blair Morgan was signing autographs)

/snofan/../images/users/snorider/doo1.JPG

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
any ahter pics of the X2? looks pretty nice

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
since those are prolly pre-production models, they might not have everrything either, according to the 2004 book i have, the X2 has reverse, but who knows, i have always heard the XR is oil injected also...when it first came otu i thought it was an actual race model with like the 2.5 galon tank of premix tho...

doesnt the X2 and XR have the same seat?? appears like they do

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought i had one of the handlebar / gauges area - but i guess the camera forgot to take the picture...

I would have liked to gotten there earlier so i had more time to get better pics, but with only about 45minutes to see the whole show, i was very rushed.

I did talk to woody's about studding it... Their opinion was for an 800cc sled needing 1.325" studs, 144 will bend, break, and tear, and i should probably go to 192. Also, their experience was that putting more than 144 down the center will cause the track to balloon at high speeds which causes tunnel damage.

The sled was definately sharp. I think polishing the tunnel area might make it look really sweet. Give it that chrome look.

Oh, and if you are running in cold weather, plan on buying a windshield - the stock one doesnt look like it will be blocking anything...

I cant believe i forgot to get a picture of under the hood! It shows i wasnt thinking clearly. The only other 2 pictures i have are of the front ski / shock / ifs arm (accidental picture) and another from the left front looking backwards.

I also can send you the high-res versions of the pictures if you want them. (1656x1242, 600kb each)

Only 20 days left till we get out sleds (hopefully)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]since those are prolly pre-production models, they might not have everrything either, according to the 2004 book i have, the X2 has reverse, but who knows, i have always heard the XR is oil injected also...when it first came otu i thought it was an actual race model with like the 2.5 galon tank of premix tho...

doesnt the X2 and XR have the same seat?? appears like they do
yea, the X2 there had reverse. It was a dinky little button on the handlebar.

The seats were definately different. The X2's seat was longer and wider, and alittle softer. The XR's seat was very narrow - kinda like a dirtbike, and it wasnt very soft. The XR's seat was also taller.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
The ProXR's seat is one inch shorter and one inch higher if I remember back to when these sleds were first released, when I read the specs.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
dinky lil button = less weight...as long as it works right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts