Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 pro-x 700 with a hot seat pipe and the stock can but it's still not loud enough but sounds cool with just the hot seat pipe on it with side exhaust wondering if i'm gonna blow my sled up this year thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Oh boy! You are about to get roasted for wanting to run the sled without a muffler!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No, you won't blow it up as long as you use a small enough pipe and make it long enough, if you don't it will warp the valves. A couple feet would be long enough just don't make the pipes too big. Better be ready to wear hearing protection every time you start it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Without some kind of backpressure, the valves will warp, use a small diameter pipes and make them 2+ feet long and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hmmm,1: For starters it will be stupid loud, but you've already found that out,2: it will not have correct back pressure as it is not a pipe that is designed to run "open stinger" style so it will not hold enough heat in the pipe and performance will suffer, 3: anyone that runs a open pipe out on public trails that is STUPID LOUD should have a gallon of water added to their fuel tank to accelerate the burn down process of the engine so that the STUPID LOUD sound will get silenced quickly, please do yourself and your fellow snowmobiler's a favor and don't run a open pipe, it only will cause problems that our sport DOES NOT NEED, open pipes have their place and that is on closed course race and drag tracks, but not out in the open public.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
You know it's against the law in most places to run an aftermarket can(noise/sound regulations), you aren't going to slip under the radar easily with no can...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't ride the trails always trailer my sled to a couple big pits we have in town that we set a track and jumps up so thats why i wanna make my sled as loud as a can

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I find that loudness of vehicles and maturity levels usually tend to be inversely related

·
Registered
54 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I find that loudness of vehicles and maturity levels usually tend to be inversely related
hmmm the youth of today....[;)]

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have a sno stuff rumblepack that will fit your sled. I would like to get 150 out of it. IMO they are the best sounding can out there. Mbrp can get annoying fast! Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
hc_treeclimber said:
I don't ride the trails always trailer my sled to a couple big pits we have in town that we set a track and jumps up so thats why i wanna make my sled as loud as a can
If that is the case then at least put on one of the silencers pictured in this link, it will help take out some of the piercing pop that often causes loss of hearing and severe headaches.

http://www.aaenperformance.com/snow_exhaust.asp

·
Registered
4 Posts
hc_treeclimber said:
I have a 04 pro-x 700 with a hot seat pipe and the stock can but it's still not loud enough but sounds cool with just the hot seat pipe on it with side exhaust wondering if i'm gonna blow my sled up this year thanks for the help
Ran them that way all the time years ago before noise laws --- just make sure you jet up a couple sizes and watch the plug color.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Coffee can and straight pipe it out the rear straight to you and it will be loud.

·
Registered
718 Posts
[Disappointed]

·
Registered
486 Posts
It may sound cool (I remember that time in my life) however it is bad for the sled and is a VERY bad image!!!! What I mean is even though you say you’re not riding on public trails if any antis or fence riders see and hear that sled they will think all snowmobilers are the same. Trails will be closed and then all snowmobiles will suffer. So go ahead and enjoy your loud sled! I enjoy a little noise so I run a SLP can but that is it, no straight pipes. Use your head and if you’re going to ride buy a can if you can’t buy a can run it with the stock muffler.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts