Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 04 pro xr 800 gas tank work? Also is the prox8 seat the same as a 04 prox 440 except for the cover? And what tank do people use when converting the 04 440. Thanks rich

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yeah it will work pretty well. You can fit any gas tank and seat some just take more imagination to get it to work if you know what I mean. But that should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a '98 XC 7, '00 XCSP and a few Pro X's. They all used the same tanks ('98 XC 700 had a couple different seat/tank combos). I would imagine that seats would interchange. I can measure the base from the XCSP & '03 Pro X if you'd like. I am not sure if you will have possible issues with the oil tank. I know the layout on a '92 XCR 440 will not accept this tank without modifying the location of the oil tank and storage box.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
tinner said:
('98 XC 700 had a couple different seat/tank combos)
I thought the early (wedge style) xc7's with the sperate tank/seat were acually limited build 97's? I'v had a few 98 xc 7's myself and have yet to see a 98 xc that came factory with the seperate seat/tank combo.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the 03 pro a short? If so I would like the measurements
tinner said:
I had a '98 XC 7, '00 XCSP and a few Pro X's. They all used the same tanks ('98 XC 700 had a couple different seat/tank combos). I would imagine that seats would interchange. I can measure the base from the XCSP & '03 Pro X if you'd like. I am not sure if you will have possible issues with the oil tank. I know the layout on a '92 XCR 440 will not accept this tank without modifying the location of the oil tank and storage box.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
crdude said:
tinner said:
('98 XC 700 had a couple different seat/tank combos)
I thought the early (wedge style) xc7's with the sperate tank/seat were acually limited build 97's? I'v had a few 98 xc 7's myself and have yet to see a 98 xc that came factory with the seperate seat/tank combo.
and you won't

all 98s had the wraparound tailight one piece seat/tank and the 97 1/2 sleds had the racer seat and tank

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had two '98's the one with the racer seat was probably an early build sled. It was damaged when I got it ( tree fell on it) and it was a parts sled. My Dad had an early one back when they were new and his had a "full" seat on it. I had another '98 that had the same one piece seat.

rich1374670x said:
Is the 03 pro a short? If so I would like the measurements

My '03 does not have the shorty seat. It is the regular length Pro X seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts