Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to convert my sled into a trail sled it's a 04 Pro-XR 440. I found the head, but I was wondering what I could do for a bigger tank and oil injection. I'm more concerned about getting the bigger tank because I can carry extra oil with me while on the trails and just mix it when ever I fill up. Please help, I'm tired of searching and only finding stuff for the 03's. Thanks, Mike E.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
The reason why you don't find much is the fact that they went to a new steering hoop that is incompatible with the big tank. If you do put the big tank on it will look goofy and move the seat backwards like 3". Most people put on the 03 hoop when they go to the big tank. Otherwise I guess a rev tank and seat combo work pretty well on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the 03' steering hoop consist of? Cost wise, labor? Also how hard would it be to swap a 7 or 800 out of an edge trail sled into this chassis? Also will the reliability of the motor go up with the low compression head and how much power would I be loosing roughly? Sorry for so many questions but you only learn if you ask. Thanks a lot. Mike E.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Go to http://partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1169434992-11216&P=Polaris-Snow and check out the diagrams for the various years and you'll figure out more.
Costs should be listed there, dunno about labor. A big block fits with a few caveats. First, the oil pump will hit the frame if you don't modify the frame or stick to premix. 2nd, the normal edge/prox pipes won't fit because of the shock tower brace. And finally, you have to do some switching of electrical stuff and carbs/airbox. You don't lose alot of power going to the pump gas head, mine still rips good. You don't gain alot of reliability. The biggest thing with these is that it is easy to run em lean, and if you do that they will burn up.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Heres my 04 and a rev seat.

album here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v60/squidward731/Snowmobile/04%20pro%20xr/rev%20seat/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts