Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do yall think of the Pro XR?
im thinkin of gettin one

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
its an awesome sled...but if u want to get one u better get one fast.Snocheck ends april 9 or 12 or somethin like that. If ya got the money for it...then buy one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i don't share 98mxz440's enthusiasum but i think there alright. I like p-mans sled better. I don't want to start any shit here but polaris really needs to make a new body. They can keep the ifs cause i like it everything else is fine but they just need a new bodystyle. And a couple new engines.lol

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'd rather get the X2 than the XR. I've sat on most of their 2004 lineup, including the Pro XR 800 and it is far from comfortable. The only way i'd ever get one is to take it straight to the snocross track and that's it! Standing is the only comfortable position on that model. The X2 however, is great. It's got a nice combination of stand-up style ergonomics and sitting down while whipping along the trails. The seat is softer and lower and the handlebars aren't TOO far forward. It's just right. Plus, the XR does not have a front torsion bar, so it may be better to keep it on the race track rather than the trails and lakes. Very cool sled though. I only wish the X2 is as light wieght as the XR, but i can deal with that. I'd gladly take either one. Adjustable shocks are very cool.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Actually the Pro XR has a seat that is an inch higher, and an inch shorter than the Pro X2... They just look similar, but if you look closely the seat on the Pro XR is shorter and higher.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by 98mxzx440
[br] the pro xr(r stands for racing)was made for just that....racing!
Exactly. And that's why i would not buy one. Despite that I already own a factory race machine.

Actually, the seats appear the same, yet are still different. The X2 seat is 1" or 2" lower (I forget how much) and made of a softer foam inside. Also, the handlebar steering post is farther forward within the chassis of the XR. And for those who didn't already know....the XR and X2 are slightly different chassis, even though they share many features. The 800 XR is also going to be getting a ceramic-coated pipe and a lighter exhaust system by the time buyers get them. This info is straight from the Polaris representative i talked to at a local 2004 preview show.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i will however say besides the yamaha viper s , my favorite line is the polaris pro-x's. Is it just me or are alot of the newer sleds getting uglier? this is just my opinion(not brand bashing). During the years 1995-2002 i liked everyones sleds, but man when we hit 2003 i don't know what the hell happened.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah in my opinion there gerting uglier. i plan to get a Pro XR for racing and maybe some very aggresive trail riding. if u say the seat is shitty for trails would a X2 seat fit on it? i know the colors wouldnt match but i could fix that. i havent had the chance to see one close up yet but the show is on the 3rd so imma go look

·
Registered
671 Posts
the bars on the polaris's you can set way back or way forward. the rise clamps to another bar to make it user friendly, so you can make it any way you want.straight up gives you the most rise.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by madd_dog
[br] if u say the seat is shitty for trails would a X2 seat fit on it?
Yep! Many models have interchangeable seats for 2004. So you can swap just about any seat between a Pro-XR, X2, XC, and Classic. I didn't hear anything about swapping them with 2003 and older, but i'm sure you could make the racing seat fit just about anything. The PERC reverse is re-progammable for your altitude. Also, the DET operates in 3* degree increments so you won't "suddenly" lose power if detonation is detected. My only major complaint is that i wish the 600 CC engine would get DET. Only the 700-800 block get it right now. But there's always next year...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i think the 600's should get it too alot of ppl ride them. thanks for the info on the seat. cuz ppl said the XR seat is unconfortable sitting down, so if i put on the X2 seat it prolly would b a bit better for the lil trail riding id do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts