Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my sled the other day in my friends garage and had my hood open. I can hear a knocking noise coming from the PTO side of the motor. I have an 03 liberty 700 motor in an 04 rmk. The motor has 1700 miles on it. I listened with a rubber hose, but I cant pinpoint if it is in the top or bottom end. Any suggestions on what can make a knocking sound will be helpful. I know it isnt the clutch knocking. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Crank bearing. With your engine off slowly turn the motor over with your clutch. A lot of times you can hear the bearings rolling around in the race. When it's knocking is the motor shifting or jerkin?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xcrtweaker123 said:
Crank bearing. With your engine off slowly turn the motor over with your clutch. A lot of times you can hear the bearings rolling around in the race. When it's knocking is the motor shifting or jerkin?
Nope it doesnt seem to be. It vibrates, but thats prob normal. I took the belt off and rolled the pto side piston to TDC and when the compression locks it in place and I rotate the clutch back and forth I can hear a slight whisping and there is more play than I like for sure. You think my pto bearing went? I do not have the wide bearing on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts