Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a reverse kit on my 04 Sabercat 500. The dealership is saying it is a no-go. Other say: Hell yes... contact the dealership and order it. So, is this possible???? Or what??

Please help a dumb-ass...[:eek:)]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes you can put a reverse kit on it. As long as you have a chain case which you do, you can put one on your sled.

My 06 sabercat 500 LX came with one because its a lx and we have the EXACT same chaincase other than the reverse.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Look in the arctic cat accessories book or at arctic cats homepage. They have a reverese kit available for any chaincase driven Cat sled. Page 105 here. http://www.arcticcat.com/pdf/pga2007/AW_ACC2007_CE.pdf

Its pretty pricey though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The kit comes in two peices the case and gears, 400+ and the lever goes for around 180 or so. I guess they break up the kit so it doesnt seem so bad spending six big ones for one thing, Cat will sell you two parts separatly. I never understood this?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well if you break the handle its more complicated to try and get it if its only one piece.

Or if you just need the case you dont want another handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.