Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please confirm which way the tapper/bevell on the Valve Guillotine faces, up or down?

thanks...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Doesn't it only slide in 1 way?? On all of mine the taper goes up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no these seam to slide in either way...

see whats going on, is a guy brung me his sled to work on..i pulled the valves to inspect..found them filthy as hell..anyway, the taper was facing down....I told him how dirty there were, and he said he cleaned them last year..so now i`m wondering, if maybe he put them back in upside down??

he does`nt know alot about sled motors, but ask someone about cleaning them, so he went ahead and pulled um to clean..i seen he marked them for which side they go to..but nothing on which way the actuall valve/bevell faces..

the more I`ve looked at it, and thought about it, the more i have became convinced they were upside down..and the bevell, should face up..especially considering the angle at which they go on, which is angled down.towards the bottom of the motor for example..that really makes me think they were flipped..
but..it`s not my sled, i`m a bit nervous about just blindly flipping them, and hoping that`s correct?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Atleast you figured it out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I cleaned my power valves last week, and I had to think about it too, but if you have it with the bevel up, they dont sit in as far, and they dont do any good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts