Snowmobile Fanatics banner

05 900 RMK The Good the Bad and the Ugly,

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  driftpounder 
#1 ·
I have heard a number of oppinions on the 2005 900 RMK. I have heard with a number of aftermarket upgrades and Polaris updates that is a great machine, but I have also heard it is a piece of wasted metal plastic and rubber that should have never been built, and should be bought back by Polaris to try to keep customer loyalty. I think that the fact that they aren't making it this year seems like a negative, but I'm interested to hear what you think of the machine, especially anyone who has one, and any mods, or accesories that are a necessity on this particular machine.

#2 ·
turn and run if you want good info about the 900 rmk on this forum. nobody owns one but everbody heard from there dads, brothers, uncles, mother, who heard it from her dog that there a horrible sled.

If you want a good reliable source click on this link. snowest is full of 900 rmk owners and there are plenty of posts about the quality of the 900. unlike here, snowest has 900 owners that reply to these questions.
http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/categories.cfm?catid=89&forumid=1

I own one, 2005 900 rmk 159. Never had a problem with it. blew a belt at 900 miles. its a great machine, can outclimb most other sleds. yes it vibrates, but so does the rev 1000 and cat 1000. put some slp torque stops in and most of the vibs are gone.

my sled has
slp can
tri city airbox
19, 42 gears
cant remeber the the spring and weights.
ice scratchers
rad delete kit
slp powder pro skis
mt fit hood
holtz spindles

also have some other things like lefty, altimiter, outside temp.....

[attachment=36824]
[attachment=27820]

Attachments

#3 ·
Cousin has one with the 166'. It vibrates alot at idle, but if you rev it up a little it quits. He has had only one problem with it, blow it up at 8 miles because it some how got mosture in the engine will it was sitting at the dealer. Naturally the dealer fix it under warrentty.

Sorry about the spelling, the spell check isn't working right now for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.