Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys just a quick question for ya, i've heard that with the new dragon you have to mix gass and oil just like i have to on my 440pro-x race sled, so basically saying that it isnt oil injected, true or false and does any body have one or rode one if so tell me a little bit out your experience!! thanks fellas

·
Registered
241 Posts
FALSE. The only '06 Dragon was the SC 900 (oil injected), both '07 600/700 motors are oil injected. The only mixing you have to do is on the first tank or two for break-in. I highly doubt they will ever make a consumer sled that requires pre-mix. Too many people would be visiting the dealer after the first ride. Too much liability for the manufacturer.

07rmkracer

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by 07rmkracer
[br]FALSE. The only '06 Dragon was the SC 900 (oil injected), both '07 600/700 motors are oil injected. The only mixing you have to do is on the first tank or two for break-in. I highly doubt they will ever make a consumer sled that requires pre-mix. Too many people would be visiting the dealer after the first ride. Too much liability for the manufacturer.

07rmkracer
WHAT THE HECK the 06 dragon was 900rmk and 600 iq not sc 900 what ever that means and the 07 was only a 700 rmk and iq

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'll make it simple. To answer the original question..... FALSE The new Dragon IS oil-injected. I have one, and have ridden it quite a bit. I love the new chassis/motor/handling. It runs side by side with my '03 800(with mods). You should only mix oil and gas together on the first tank to help break the motor in. Sorry if there was any confusion about sleds displacement/model/ year/sc.

07rmkracer[;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts