Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've noticed 2 things. 1. A lot of dealers have a good amount of 06 and 07 sleds in stock due to low snow. 2. There are a lot of sledders asking me and others about our newer sleds and how we like them. Looking to get good deals on leftovers. If you don't own an06 07 there is no reason to post. Just a quick description of what you personally like and don't like about your sled and any bad or good experiences you have had with your sled.

I have a 2006 Yamaha Apex Er. First what i don't like the sled. It takes some time to get the suspension dialed in, way off from the start for my liking. I have had a problem in extreme cold with the fuel pump relay freezing up and delaying my riding for an hour or two. The handle bar warmers don't even get hot till consistently running at 7-8k rpms. Now for the good. The motor pulls at all rpms. One of the most powerful motors i have ever ridden. Once the suspension is tuned it rivals the m 10 for a plush ride but is more aggressive. The gauge is great very easy to read when running hard. Overall I would recommend this machine for the guy that runs the groom trails all day and likes having the power to run with anybody across the lake.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Your saying that Yamaha suspension is comparable to a M-10?? ROFLMAO!!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ACEXLT
[br]Your saying that Yamaha suspension is comparable to a M-10?? ROFLMAO!!!
Have you ridden a properly setup mono in the apex????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts