Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Picked up my Fusion earlier this winter with only 700 miles on it. Does anyone else have problems with the clutches when they are cold. When warming up the sled on a stand after it has been sitting for a few days, the clutches still grab the belt. If you put the sled down or hit the brake the motor will die. It is then hard to pull over again. After a few miles down the trail it is fine the rest of the day. It is real annoying and dangerous to back it off the trailer in the morning. I thought I heard of problems with the bushings in the primary clutch. Anybody have any ideas.

·
Registered
807 Posts
rlamppa1 said:
Hi guys. Picked up my Fusion earlier this winter with only 700 miles on it. Does anyone else have problems with the clutches when they are cold. When warming up the sled on a stand after it has been sitting for a few days, the clutches still grab the belt. If you put the sled down or hit the brake the motor will die. It is then hard to pull over again. After a few miles down the trail it is fine the rest of the day. It is real annoying and dangerous to back it off the trailer in the morning. I thought I heard of problems with the bushings in the primary clutch. Anybody have any ideas.
Cover bushings were really tight. The 06's had several binding issues. I think there is a different or updated bushing for it and replacing it is pretty easy and quick.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
rlamppa1 said:
Just fixed a buddy's '06 Fusion 600 Primary clutch, and yes the cover bushing is very tight. I took some Emory cloth used on cleaning up copper pipes, and went around the cover plate bushing a few times, plates slides freely now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts