Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month i bought an 03/600XCSP and have yet to try it. I wanted the 06/Fusion but couldn't afford it right away. The dealer i go to is good friends with a cousin of mine and he said that he would put aside a Fusion for me and i could make monthly payments on it and have it for next year. I'm happy with this arrangement. My only problem is that when i sat down hard on the machine i could smell gas fairly strong. So i bounced on it several times and everytime i got the smell of gas. He said it was because they had just put some in earlier and that maybe some was spilled in between seat. I went to another dealer with my brother and we checked out the 4 he had, and they all had a srong gas odour also when you sat on them. Anyone know if this is a normal thing on these Fusions or do they have a gas tank issue. I need input from other Fusion owners. The dealer would like my answer by tomorrow afternoon if i am taking it or not. [?]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes they did have a problem. The necks for the fillers, like where the gas cap screws on would crack very easy, and so they had a recall on them to get a filler neck brace installed in the gas tank. Thats probably what was wrong, but on 5 different sleds, I wouldnt think they would all have the problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by edgex600rider
[br]Yes they did have a problem. The necks for the fillers, like where the gas cap screws on would crack very easy, and so they had a recall on them to get a filler neck brace installed in the gas tank. Thats probably what was wrong, but on 5 different sleds, I wouldnt think they would all have the problem.
[/size=3]My brother bought his wife an 05/550 Classic and it had that problem. They replaced it no problem. It was a recall like you say breaking at the filler neck. I mentioned that to both dealers i went to and they say 06 models are ok. And yes no word of a lie, each sled i sat on had a very strong gas odor.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The 06' models aren't ok, they're the ones with the problem. Unless your talking about the fact that they had already done the recall, which I don't think they would do without request of an owner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smell only occurred when i sat on them. Standing next to them you could not smell anything. Dealer #2 says it is the weight of driver dropping down on the seat creating a sudden pressure and the gas vapors are escaping through the vent line.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[br]The 06' models aren't ok, they're the ones with the problem. Unless your talking about the fact that they had already done the recall, which I don't think they would do without request of an owner.

[/size=3]You may be right edgex600rider. Maybe the 06 have the same problem. How could a person find out before buying it if there is a problem.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My '06 has not yet had the filler neck brace put in and I have not had any problems with an odor.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by Beetlejuice
[br]
[br]The 06' models aren't ok, they're the ones with the problem. Unless your talking about the fact that they had already done the recall, which I don't think they would do without request of an owner.

[/size=3]You may be right edgex600rider. Maybe the 06 have the same problem. How could a person find out before buying it if there is a problem.
I cant really explain how they look but I know if you look on the inside of the filler neck you can see the filler neck brace in there. And i do agree that with some of the older sleds that when you sit on the seat there is some excess air that will come out, but on these newer sleds that should not be the case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts