Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was at my favorite dealer tonight picking up some stuff for my wifes 98 XLT. It has been giving me some minor grief (and so has the wife about the ride). I got to looking at some new sleds and they made me an offer I am having a hard time turning down. I am going in tomorrow to see if we can agree on the final numbers.

Any Comments on these two sleds? I have ridden a 600 Fusion and LOVED the ride/handling. Just though it need more power. Any quick feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would get the fusion and the wife would ride the Classic.

I am not going to sleep well tonight.

PS - I may soon have a 1999 XCsp700 and a 1998 XLT600 up for sale[:)]

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have an 07 iq lx wich is the replacement for the classic. It has the 600 ho cleanfire in it otherwise it is the same as the one your looking at. The ride and handling are unbelivable. The M-10 Just soaks up the bumps.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Hopefully tomorrow I will be bring home two new sleds!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought them both - Going to pick them up in an hour. I can't wait to ride them!!!!
[attachment=58815]
My new ride

[attachment=58816]
Wifes new ride

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Those are some nice sleds. It fells awesome to buy a sled and put the first mile on it. The only thing i would do to them right away is change the windshield on the classic as i dont like the looks of it with the mirrors on it and I have heard the mirrors are usles anyways as they are to small and vibrate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by wilb
[br]Those are some nice sleds. It fells awesome to buy a sled and put the first mile on it. The only thing i would do to them right away is change the windshield on the classic as i dont like the looks of it with the mirrors on it and I have heard the mirrors are usles anyways as they are to small and vibrate.
I agree on the looks of the windshield on the Classic. But for the wife, the extra wind protection is far more important then looks. It bites that I will not get that first mile on til next Saturday because I am out of town all week for work.
I guess I can't really complaint because it is the job that pays for the toys[:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Nice purchase. Way to not cave-in to the hype about those "superior" sleds that are made across the ocean.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by rubi
[br]Nice purchase. Way to not cave-in to the hype about those "superior" sleds that are made across the ocean.
And don't forget the great discounts available on last years leftover domestic models.

Great time to pick up a newer ride.
Up here (Canada) Fusion 600 can be had for $7200Cdn even a 07 IQ 600 CFI is down to $8800 Cdn

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Originally posted by rubi
[br]Nice purchase. Way to not cave-in to the hype about those "superior" sleds that are made across the ocean.
Go take one of those "superior sleds made accross the ocean" on hard ride of constant moguls for miles on end and hold 40-50mph comfortably, or faster when possible for 7 hours. Wake up the next day and feel like you can do it again!

Nice buys!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. 350 miles last weekend on the 99XC and 98 XLT convinced me it was time to step up. And the deals on the '06's right now are incredible. I couldn't say no.[:)]

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Just make sure you can get the engine heat out of that fusion, different animal when she's cool! nice pick ups!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts