Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06' apex w/ 2200 miles, new ripsaw, good shape and a guy called me and said he would trade his 06' f7 sno pro for my apex and throw in 900 cash. is this a good trade? how do those f7's handle in woods and fields of WI. how are they in general.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you can negotiate, remember he called you so if you dont feel like adding all 900 im sure you could wheel and deal.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If prices are anything like they are here I'd tell him to put the crack pipe down. Around here Apex's sell for ( on average ) a grand more than an equal mile F7 EFI. I've seen apex's for anywhere from 4800 to 6800. There's a guy selling an 06' F7 on craigslist that comes with a one week vacation in the winter in a house off the trail system and is only asking $4200. If anything he should be putting money on top.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Empire087 said:
you can negotiate, remember he called you so if you dont feel like adding all 900 im sure you could wheel and deal.
sledcrusher said:
If prices are anything like they are here I'd tell him to put the crack pipe down. Around here Apex's sell for ( on average ) a grand more than an equal mile F7 EFI. I've seen apex's for anywhere from 4800 to 6800. There's a guy selling an 06' F7 on craigslist that comes with a one week vacation in the winter in a house off the trail system and is only asking $4200. If anything he should be putting money on top.
He IS putting the $900 up. In my opinion it would be a nice trade but then again, you know how well your sled has been taken care of, you don't know about his. Be sure to look everything over REAL good before you commit. Also try and see if you can get $1100+ from him, might not work but you might be able to get some more[thumb] Oh and F7's are FAST! but not as great in deep snow due to trenching (it has a 13.5 inch track instead of a 15 but also its 128" instead of 121") but with a bigger paddle track it does fairly good especially because it is relatively light. In my opinion it is a good trail sled but other would disagree, it guess it just depends on how you ride, i ride fast but i am also young so i can take more bumps that someone older could (suspension is more for jumps and such than trails but still works well on trail). In the end it is up to you but it is better stock that the apex (just my opinion now) and with the $900 you could add skis, a nicer track and still have some left over so overall, i would jump on it!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well...you won't be disappointed with the F7. They are easier to work on/buy parts for then an Apex. If that F7 has over 1900 miles and is'int in pristine shape, I would'nt do it!

Ask him for pics and find out how many miles are on it. THEN, we can give you some legit advice

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres his ad for his sled.
http://madison.craigslist.org/rvs/2017821479.html
im 17 and bought the apex for $4500 this summer b/c i wanted to try a 4 stroke this season and seeing how fast they were on top end. but i just dont know about the rear suspension on my GT. i might compress the spring more but dont know. i threw my apex on c-list just to see if anyone would trade for a newer sled, if they wanted to go to 4-stroke, but there was 20 calls and 12 emails all saying "how much would you sell the apex outright?" and i told em 5500 b/c i think thats a okay price for now, i mean, my apex only has 2200 miles, and all the goodies. i put white c&a XT skis on there b/c i heard the stock yami skis suck. then this guy called and said he would trade his 06' and give me 900. but my automatic reaction will be to get more out of him. but i dont know if i want to sell the apex b/c i want to experience the power and smoothness of a 4 stroke. the only thing i will have to get use to is when you left off the throttle.
to me, his sled is worth $4000-$4200 b/c i can buy 05' f7 sno pros all day around here for $3500 but all apex's around here are above $5000
i drive agressive and fast, just the nature of young people. so what do you guys think, keep the apex or get a sled thats already got some miles.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sounds like a BAD deal for 4700 with 4000+ miles on it. JFYI.. His speedo probably does'nt work either if he does'nt know the exact mileage on it. If your Apex shocks are dead you can always get them rebuilt and valved stiffer. Once again, I'd have to see the pics of the Firecat (Inside and out) to let you know if you are getting a good deal.

If you want a lighter more of a "ditchbanger" sled and you really need the money...it does'nt sound like too bad of a deal then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts