Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 fusion 600. I broke a spring this morning and I know my shocks need rebuilding.

are there any recommendatins for after market springs? Im about 230# and ride Moderately hard.

I would like to do the repairs myself but have never done this before. Do I need any special tools for spring replacement? do I need to take the entire suspion off to do repairs?

thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
When I had my '06 Fusion I weighed about 180 so I never messed with springs. But for spring replacement you don't need to pull the whole skid. Just take out the rear mounting bolts and lift the sled up. Should be able to change springs that way.

You CAN remove the shocks for rebuild with the skid in too but at that point you're just making things difficult. Pulling the rear suspension is very easy to do.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
hattrk4me said:
I have an 06 fusion 600. I broke a spring this morning and I know my shocks need rebuilding.

are there any recommendatins for after market springs? Im about 230# and ride Moderately hard.

I would like to do the repairs myself but have never done this before. Do I need any special tools for spring replacement? do I need to take the entire suspion off to do repairs?

thanks in advance.
These are not the part numbers our sleds call for, but here is the setup I'm using and i'm close to your weight at 225lbs myself. I have the rear torsion springs on the low setting and it seems to be perfect. And I've got the front shock spring set at about 1/2" preload from fully extended. The combination of these springs seems to give me the proper sag recommended by polaris as well.

Part numbers
7042079-067 Spring, Torsion, LH, STD [.375/47 °]
7042080-067 Spring, Torsion, RH, STD [.375/47 °]

7041822-067 Heavy duty front track coil spring 225#

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the suspension and shocks, which I was suprised how easy it was. with out removing the suspension it was a major pain in the ass to remove shocks.

TriumphoverU, I would assume these are polaris part numbers?

Polaris man, I needed to do a rebuild on the shocks. I bought this new and had never done a rebuild. they were due. it was pretty easy to take apart, but putting back together may be a different story.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
hattrk4me said:
I pulled the suspension and shocks, which I was suprised how easy it was. with out removing the suspension it was a major pain in the ass to remove shocks.

TriumphoverU, I would assume these are polaris part numbers?

Polaris man, I needed to do a rebuild on the shocks. I bought this new and had never done a rebuild. they were due. it was pretty easy to take apart, but putting back together may be a different story.
Yep, those are polaris part numbers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts