Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 07 600HO motor in my IQR, and I rode it 1 time this past winter (sad I know, but I spent my other time on my 03 Blade Highlander). When I was out on my IQR, me and my buddy (on a m6) were riding pretty hard just beating trails. My sled was running pretty good, after about a 30 second shot of riding WOT it bogged, instantly I thought I blew it up. I had previously just cleaned my exhaust valves and torn the PTO side gasket, I used forma-gasket to fix my problem considering it was a Sunday and I was taking my sled out to college that same day. I thought that would work until I was able to get a actual gasket for it. Well, a we went out riding and it bogged real bad after being WOT, but still ran decent after that, a couple miles down the trail it died. I pulled the plugs and they didn't look like they'd gotten hot, they were still cardboard brown, I got it running again and rode for another 40 miles but it didn't seem like it was running right. I've already put the sled away for the summer just because of college and I'll be 2 hours away from it for my summer internship, I'm just wondering what anybody thinks about me frying my pistons because thats what I think happened. Help is appreciated. Thanks

Chad

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
I would start with taking a compression test,possible you you could have squeaked a piston. I would check your intake boots to make sure the rubber is not delaminating from the plate,mine were starting to do this and can leak air leaning it out. Just a starting point of things to check.

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^Yep I checked the carb boots, been reading about how they can crack and cause problems. Mine were good to go. I would have done a compression test but due to the lack of time at home on weekends from college I wasn't able manage that. This summer when I've got more time I will further investigate.

Chad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.