Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new sled both are bran new for the same price, just undecidded on what to get currently I have a 03 rx1 .. Have riden then both, the apex wasnt the gr though, I like the handeling of the rush, not shure on it as is was the first year introduces, but I also like the power and reliability of the apex. Whould the gt package considerably make the handling feel differant? undecided up for any views..

·
Registered
567 Posts
rush

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
my pro r rush is unreal, i say rush.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm a Polaris guy, but there is an 06 Apex GT in our fleet, and it is pretty sick, and love it when I get some time in the seat. I would get the Rush though, its an amazing ride. But to play devils advocate... That four stroke with the R-1 in it, is like a Ferrari taken off. Not to mention it is extremely reliable (has 10K miles on it with zero problems) But the Rush is just so much fun to trail ride, it feels like your riding on air. I wish I could get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Needmosnow said:
I'm a Polaris guy, but there is an 06 Apex GT in our fleet, and it is pretty sick, and love it when I get some time in the seat. I would get the Rush though, its an amazing ride. But to play devils advocate... That four stroke with the R-1 in it, is like a Ferrari taken off. Not to mention it is extremely reliable (has 10K miles on it with zero problems) But the Rush is just so much fun to trail ride, it feels like your riding on air. I wish I could get one.
thats the problem exactly, the rush is just so fun to ride, but the relibility on the yamaha

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The nice thing about the rush is it's a 600 so it's pretty reliable. The biggest complaint about the 10's that I've heard is the rear springs being either too hard or too soft. But overall they are a pretty good sled.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It really depends on how you ride? The Apex will obviously be more reliable, but the rush's 600cfi are bullet proof. Just not to the extent of the Apex. It is mostly the longevity of the motor. The Rush will be much, much lighter, actually possible to work on, or trouble shoot if the motor is acting weird or something. The Rush will ride a lot better, handle batter, and are way more fun on the trails. The Apex has better wind protection, well the rush has very little protection with the stock black windshield. The Rush is also 3 MY newer than the Apex, for the same money.

I say rush for how I ride. But if I was an older gentlemen who ice-fished, and took long, snow cruises/trips on the trails, and rode easy, I would choose the Apex. If I rode anything aggressive, and like to jump a little, and wasn't to concerned with winds protection (just have a good suite and helmet), I would choose the Rush hands down!

Empire087 said:
The nice thing about the rush is it's a 600 so it's pretty reliable. The biggest complaint about the 10's that I've heard is the rear springs being either too hard or too soft. But overall they are a pretty good sled.
This is not a problem. It is someone who is not adjusted it enough to tailor it to there specs and preferences. It takes a lot of adjustment. It took us an hour to get my buddies Rush to ride exactly how he wanted. Now, grin ear to ear all day long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jesse500 said:
It really depends on how you ride? The Apex will obviously be more reliable, but the rush's 600cfi are bullet proof. Just not to the extent of the Apex. It is mostly the longevity of the motor. The Rush will be much, much lighter, actually possible to work on, or trouble shoot if the motor is acting weird or something. The Rush will ride a lot better, handle batter, and are way more fun on the trails. The Apex has better wind protection, well the rush has very little protection with the stock black windshield. The Rush is also 3 MY newer than the Apex, for the same money.

I say rush for how I ride. But if I was an older gentlemen who ice-fished, and took long, snow cruises/trips on the trails, and rode easy, I would choose the Apex. If I rode anything aggressive, and like to jump a little, and wasn't to concerned with winds protection (just have a good suite and helmet), I would choose the Rush hands down!

Empire087 said:
This is not a problem. It is someone who is not adjusted it enough to tailor it to there specs and preferences. It takes a lot of adjustment. It took us an hour to get my buddies Rush to ride exactly how he wanted. Now, grin ear to ear all day long.
thanks man realy helpfull, for the reliability i was leaning twords the apex, but i think it might be just to much for now with the touchy throttle, Im more of a mellow rider so also thinking the axex but sometimes you just gota go and i dont wana accidently hit it when i dont want to, only in my 2nd year of riding so i think the more agile, lighter rush might be the way to go, it felt a little more forgiving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts