Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope this is a fake even though it does not look like it. but if it is I feel sorry for the ones who bought an M8. there is no way it can take a beating that bad.

what do you guys think. it looks legit to me. but ouch.

http://media.putfile.com/m8-vs-xrs-75 http://media.putfile.com/m8-vs-xrs-88 http://media.putfile.com/m8-vs-xrs

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I believe its legit too but theres something not right somewhere. Either that Doo is on NOS or that Cat is running bad. A 600 should get higher than the M8 in that vid. But if thats how M8s run then my M7 should take it easily.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got these from snowest, the guy who posted said the m8 was right out of the box stock. and some other people were saying that the skidoo might of had some clutching done to it. but clutching should not make THAT big of a difference.

I know that skidoo has the best sled out of the box, but thats not even a race.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I read the entire post on snowest too. Maybe the M was setup by a poor dealer. Setup can turn an otherwise great sled into a dog. I suspect the Doo to win due to its extra 5hp and wider track. But that race was similiar to me racing a Bravo or Indy Lite.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its weird because in all three vids the 2 sleds are neck and neck for about 50 yards or so until the M8 starts to drop off. it sure seems to run good until it hits the steeper part of the hill.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe it, them Doo's are amasing and the 1" wider track makes a fairly big difference. Plus looking at the Doo it's getting a better start because he's starting over some one elses track so the powder is not sucking his power and/or speed. Also the Doo is a little lighter and the rider looks smaller. The design of the lugs are much better on the Doo's to. But it really looks fun I would love to be there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, there has to be something were missing. Cause 10HP and a 1 inch wider track doesnt do that. I mean yeah it should beat it but that bad?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Man that is one pitiful ride. I just watched those vids and my jaw just dropped, not only did the cat not win but it did not even make it up a hill, my 03 RMK 700 144 could have made that, that was just disgusting!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
That was un-real! It does look like that Cat was bogging though. Something wasn't right.....

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]That was un-real! It does look like that Cat was bogging though. Something wasn't right.....
if the cat was bogging then why do they run neck and neck until they hit the hill.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can tell ya the m8 I rode today ran like it had a button on it, and we was in 4' of fresh, was my first ride on a new 8 it was awsome didnt wanna go back to my lil 500 M/C (gotta have one!) The things I could do on the 8 was just....well it was ridiculas, crazy! Had one helluva time! The clutch hits perfect for climbing up on plane. Heck if I wanted a drag racer I would get a f1 but the M8 is set up perfect in my opinion...Its a Mountain Sled in every sense of the word! In case ya didnt notice I had a great time today!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by SmackZ
[br]I can tell ya the m8 I rode today ran like it had a button on it, and we was in 4' of fresh, was my first ride on a new 8 it was awsome didnt wanna go back to my lil 500 M/C (gotta have one!) The things I could do on the 8 was just....well it was ridiculas, crazy! Had one helluva time! The clutch hits perfect for climbing up on plane. Heck if I wanted a drag racer I would get a f1 but the M8 is set up perfect in my opinion...Its a Mountain Sled in every sense of the word! In case ya didnt notice I had a great time today!
man if the m8 is that good, Imagine what the rev 800 xrs is like. it would be twice the mt sled from what those vids are showing.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i personnally would not base any opinions on these sleds fromt eh vid i think somehting is wrong there

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would have to say that the M8 is missing something on the set up because i have rode both the rev 07 and the M8. I have a M7 and I am very imprest with the 800 doo that i rode today in 4 ft of fluff. But I agree that M8 would have at lease made it up the hill. I sure as hell know my m7 would have made that little hill.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
None of the videos work for me?!?!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree, the XRS will take the M8 but probably not that badly. I have heard that the M8 has a bit "lighter" handling but the running boards plug with snow. Perhaps the M8 rider is not as good at riding/using the throttle.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
both sleds shoulda made the hill not even teh guy on the xrs made it

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]That was un-real! It does look like that Cat was bogging though. Something wasn't right.....
if the cat was bogging then why do they run neck and neck until they hit the hill.
Maybe t wasn't a bog, it just didn't sound or look right in the one vid I thought. I should say I have never road in anything like those condiditons so I am probably a bad judge to begin with. Mostly oacked trails and twisties for me. Something didn't seem right though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Look at the trenches and you can see he wasnt working the throttle wright at all and any sled is only as good as its rider. (imho)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
yep that was a joke!!!! I think bet its a bad set up and rider by the looks of it.
From everything ive read in almost any sled magazine says the M8 is tops in their minds.
Only a couple testers like the doo better.
Also looks like hes not givin it enough throttle to get the momentum he needs in the start.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts