Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see what dress up people are doing to their 07 Phazers:

-GYTR grab bumper, wish they came in the silverish/grey color like stocker, but these are polished silver only.
]

-Silver skid plate (easiest skid plate install I ever done!)

-LCD re-locate kit (if you drop a mounting allen screw, you can use the stock mounting bolts from the stock bumper, as I found out!)
-Silver billet fuel cap
-Silver lettering with black outline (not shown)

Let's see em!

-Skip

·
Registered
390 Posts
Haven't done a whole lot of dress up to mine, more function than form. But hey, if it works good and looks good, why not have your cake and eat it too?

-Since the base model doesn't come with handguards, those went on first. You can also see the red skid plate I put on as well.
[attachment=51420]

I'd have to agree, that skid plate was a walk in the park to put on.

-This isn't really dress up I guess, but it is pretty cool. This is my R-A-M mount GPS holder
[attachment=51421]

This thing works awesome, and was only $60.

That's pretty much it for now. I haven't really seen anything else that strikes my fancy at the moment,.... except maybe that Hartman supercharger kit..........

Attachments

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GPS was $60 or the mount? I like the red, but it's missing red on the side plastics, would looks sweet with some jagged graphics of some sort!

·
Registered
234 Posts
both of those phazers look sweet i like the gytr front bumper adds a nice touch to it

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by Skipponator
[br]The GPS was $60 or the mount? I like the red, but it's missing red on the side plastics, would looks sweet with some jagged graphics of some sort!
The mount was $60. There is a lot of black on the front end of mine. I wish the a-arms were color matched like the FX, that might help to break it up a bit. I don't even know how I'd put some graphics on. It was hard enough to find a spot flat enough for my 3"x3" reg. stickers to actually stick to something. The battery side cover is alright, but the clutch side cover is nothing but one big compound curve.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I think that GYT-R front bumper is so ugly. Id like to see Blingstar start making bumpers for the Phazer. I think it would look awsome with a Blingstar Iron Cross bumper.
07Phazer, smart choice putting handguards on. I honestly think that the base model should have come with handguards. With no windshield and no handguards that sled is going to be mad cold.
Nice sleds, everyone. I look foreward to reading some real world reviews of them instead of the BS the magazines usually spew.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If it runs on batteries you will most likely see trouble, but if it plugs into an 12v outlet you should be fine.
Ive had problems with my digital camera not working in the cold. Even if I keep in the inside pocket of my jacket it will sometimes still not stay warm enough to work.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by Sleds-650
[br]Have you used your GPS like that before? I've heard about trouble in the past with the mounted GPS, and not working because it gets too cold...
Yep, I used it on my first ride, since it was the longest one I've been able to do so far. I was out for about 5.5 hours, and burned through 1/2 the power on the batteries. This was with the backlight turned off as well. I'd say with the windchill it was around 15 degrees.

The LCD screen will slow down quite a bit when it is cold, but the unit still functions normally.

I have a lot more experimenting with it to go. I know when we went out last season when it was -20 degrees the GPS batteries didn't even make it half way, and I had it in my windshield bag on my Polaris. I do carry an extra set of batteries just in case, but I may end up just getting a 12V outlet on the Phazer and getting the 12V adapter for the GPS. It's been ok so far, but that cold wind blowing right on the unit really zaps the life out of the batteries.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My new Mtn Lite with skid plate and wind shield installed. Still have white hand guards to install.
[attachment=51713]

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]^^^ Do you have lithium-ion batteries? They're supposed to handle the cold a lot better than regular batteries
Nope, just good 'ol NiMH rechargeables. L-ion hadn't really taken off yet when I bought all of my rechargeable batteries.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i'll get pics of mine on tomorrow i got the handle bars changed and put on 06 apex mtn bars with hooks the powder bars are way better on teh 06's as i hate the new style they are to low and the new bars give 1.5 inch rise

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well heres my new bars. they are a huge improvement onl downside is now i can't run handgaurds there is no room [attachment=52055][attachment=52056][attachment=52057]

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts