Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due for a clutch rebuild on both primary and secondary clutches on my sled. I have a 2007 Polaris RMK 600 HO w/ carbs. On my last trip to the Snowies, I noticed my sled was losing power part way through a hill climb. I have about 2500 miles on it, figured it probably needs the clutches rebuilt.

What I am wondering is if there is a good aftermarket setup that will give me a little edge over stock without breaking the bank. Currently I have a SLP pipe, SLP high flow intake with flow rites, and an MBRP silencer. I was looking into getting an EPI kit. Is this a good way to go. Also, I ride at 0-2000' 6-8000' and also 8-10000'. I am assuming I will probably need a number of different springs and possibly helixes. I also need some advice on the rebuild itself. Just wondering how tough it is to get everything back together properly. I am very mechanical, I just don't have the tools to do it yet. Does anyone have a service manual or good instructions for putting the clutches back together. I think the primary should be fairly easy, but I have never actually had a secondary completely apart. Does anyone know where to get the rollers, buttons, pins, etc. for a reasonable price. My local dealer seemed a little high. Any help / advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Ever clean or check your exhaust valves? Some people put new clutch springs in every season, but I think that's extreme. My 2000 sled has 5,500 miles and the clutching still seems good. I'm pulling the right RPM and the sled just rips.

Did you change the clutching for the SLP pipe? I think they have clutching changes for that pipe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubi said:
Ever clean or check your exhaust valves? Some people put new clutch springs in every season, but I think that's extreme. My 2000 sled has 5,500 miles and the clutching still seems good. I'm pulling the right RPM and the sled just rips.

Did you change the clutching for the SLP pipe? I think they have clutching changes for that pipe.
I usually clean my ex. valves every year just to be safe. I have re-clutched based on the factory chart from SLP. I have had the setup on there for awhile, it just recently started performing like shit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts