Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to hear some opinions, are 07 ski doo summit 800r 151 a good sled for mountians, are they good sleds in general any problems or anywhere they stand out

·
Registered
720 Posts
I believe the 07's had crank issues. Some of the later 07's had better engine, and alot of the ones that had the bad engines have been replaced.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The best reading on this sled would be on dootalk and snowest. There was some problems with the first run of 07 summit 800r motors. There were a lot of blown sleds that doo paid for. If you have a new motor or if it's ran more than 1000 miles on that motor, i don't think I'd be afraid of the sled at all. I would think all the 07 gremlins are worked out of it. I ride with a guy that has a 07 151 and it's been problem free. The 07+ 800r is a big power upgrad from the 800 ho. I bought a 08 154 this year, and the gremlins are cleared from this one.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Good engine. Had a tolerance problem with crank bearings. Only a small percentage actually had failures. If the motor made it past 1000 miles its most likely good.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If the bearings going to let go it will before 1000 miles. It can happen but not that many of them actually had problems. Ive owned 2 07 800r's personally and havent had a problem. I was working for a doo dealer at that time and we sold a butt load of 800r's. It was a big year for the X-RS, and we sold about 70 machines total. I saw 2 come back. Like I said a bearing failure is possible but I wouldnt worry to much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts