Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently saw the 07 supersports, i think that they look sick. i like the shorty seat. but i also think that a supersport is meant to be a beginner sled. is it just me or does it seem to aggressive to be a supersport. i just want some other opinions on this. i personally like it, but just think its to aggressive what it is.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i thought the same thing so i asked the local polaris dealerships owner ( duluth lawn and sport) he said they made it look that way to attract people who are younger such as teens. but i do agree it doesnt make sense to make a racelooking sled that is ment for begnerrs. but then again how fast do you really need to go?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
looking aggressive doesn't have anything to do with being aggressive. it's definately designed that way to be appealing to a young demographic. it looks really good in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it all seems good but i no people who have bought supersports to take the wife out on them and just ride them to the ice shack and take the kids out, how can you fit peopleo n a shorty, i can hardly fit myself and my girfriend and were both pretty small builds and im pretty much on the filler cap.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i was at my dealer today and they had one there and i kind of blew buy it to look at the iq but it does definatly look more agressive than the past years. it has fish bones and shorty seat, lower windshield, handgaurds, and the bars look higher. i also think that it was made to atract a younger generation. it still is kind of a begginer sled in a way. i think personally it looks great for a stock sled. normally people buy them for family rides and rides up at a friends cabin like sledneck dsmer said.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Snowmobiles/2007Models/TrailLuxury/SuperSport/

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does any one no if its got all the stuff of an x2 i no the shocks are different but are the tunnels, bulkheads and skid the same??

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i seriously dont think that it will be the same as the x2. because the x2 was an aggressive trail sled to an off trail sled,the supersport is a beginner sled it would make much very sense putting a new kid on a race chassis would it?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It really makes no differnece what the chassis is and this isnt a race chassis. It has a 550 fan in it with 60 HP.... Its a beginner sled..... It really isnt that aggressive as a set up everyone thinks. A racer seat and fishbones dont make a sled aggressive. Plus it has nitrex shocks they ride pretty plush. Not really a racing machine. put some coolers in it and put a 600cc motor in it with some ryde fx shocks or some fox floats and youd have a sled, thats if you wanted to cut the wholes in the tunnel.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The sled is for the stock 10-13 year old fan 600 class.It is for a beginer racer and is made to compete with the 550 mxz on the race circuit.The sled has to be stock for these classes and beleive it or not a lot are purchaced for this reason.We left Polaris for the Doo's because they didn't have a stock race quality fan sled.Now they do ,so it should be interesting to see if they get back some of the younger racers.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck_dsmer
[br]does any one no if its got all the stuff of an x2 i no the shocks are different but are the tunnels, bulkheads and skid the same??
Its a edge with a shorty seat and some graphics, it has the wider running boards like the snochecked modles had in the past. i think its a great looking sled, a great idea to get kids my age into the sport!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts