Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang.

I just snaged me a 07 switchback and wanted to know if anyone had any issues I should be aware of?

The reviews are kind, but nothing like the words from owners.

cheers
d

·
Registered
283 Posts
well only issues i have seen with the carb engines is that here in avalon region make sure they have #40 pilots in it.outside of that there 1 awesome sled

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We had a 70 600CFI Switchback for a little while. It was an awesome ride. It was light and zippy. I was really impressed with the 144" 1.5" lug track, it hooked up great in any snow condition. The suspension worked great. It soaked up the bumps and took hard landings great. I was sad to see it go.. We haven't had any 600s back with any problems. Seem pretty reliable.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I just took an '07 Swithcer for a test ride the other day and WOW what a blast.I've been trying a few sleds lately and I'm SOLD on the Switchback. Just trying to get the funds to snag one.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I can tell you that so far in the 600 miles I've got on my 07 Switchback, the only problem I've had is the seat not staying latched. Most likely it wasn't latched properly during it's first ride as I havent had a problem since. The one thing I've found is with the lack of rear scissor stop blocks, it's tough to keep the front end planted in the tight corners. As soon as you touch the gas the front end wants to come up. I'm debating on what I'm going to tweak in an effort to fix this. I flat out love the sled.

Did you pick up the CFI or Carbed model?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I can tell you that so far in the 600 miles I've got on my 07 Switchback, the only problem I've had is the seat not staying latched. Most likely it wasn't latched properly during it's first ride as I havent had a problem since. The one thing I've found is with the lack of rear scissor stop blocks, it's tough to keep the front end planted in the tight corners. As soon as you touch the gas the front end wants to come up. I'm debating on what I'm going to tweak in an effort to fix this. I flat out love the sled.

to keep the front down you might try playing with the front rear shock, or limiter strap. i know there was some company that made aftermarket stops but cant remember the name. you could try that.

cheers

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by JONESIE
[br]
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I can tell you that so far in the 600 miles I've got on my 07 Switchback, the only problem I've had is the seat not staying latched. Most likely it wasn't latched properly during it's first ride as I havent had a problem since. The one thing I've found is with the lack of rear scissor stop blocks, it's tough to keep the front end planted in the tight corners. As soon as you touch the gas the front end wants to come up. I'm debating on what I'm going to tweak in an effort to fix this. I flat out love the sled.

to keep the front down you might try playing with the front rear shock, or limiter strap. i know there was some company that made aftermarket stops but cant remember the name. you could try that.

cheers
Ya, I'm up in the air on what I want to do. I thought about the blocks, but not sure I want to give up the weight transfer, which I really like.[:D] I'm trying to adjust my riding to the machine. We'll see what I end up doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got he cfi600 and love it.So far problem free.Was a die hard Yamaha rider but Polaris made me a convert.I'm really inpressed with the power for a 600,the ride in the rough stuff, and the handling especially for a long track. Before buying any aftermarket stuff for the cornering play around with the rear suspension.Just setting the rear sag hight made a huge difference in cornering in the tight stuff for me. Did a little tweeking in the rear and couldn't be happier with the cornering or ride.This is one awesone sled.Polaris definately hit the nail on the head with this sled.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Glad to hear you like the new ride! I love mine more after every mile.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey guys, I'm just working on a deal at the local Pol dealer and took the Switcher for a boot and TOTALLY fell in Love wid it. I have a 98 XC 700 and it has lots of jam but the CFI feels so responsive to me. I gotta have that thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The more I ride mine the more i love it.Had it for 2 weeks now and got about 600miles on it.There's no doubt its the strongest running six out there.The cfi is AWESOME!In all honesty it runs so strong its hard to believe its a six.Did some drag racinging over the weekend and beat up on 2 vipers,3 revs(600s),1 srx,1 xc700,2 nitros,1 prox800,f6,and an f7.I was dumbfounded to say the least.The only 2 sleds I traded wins with was my bros modded viper and my other bros 780 srx.Was not a top end race was hitting about 92-94 in field on hard packed.After that did some trail riding through wooped out tight winding trails and had a blast.The thing does not corner like a long track and eats the moguls right up.Its by far the best sled I've ever owned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts