Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOund this on another site[:D]

I have pics but before I even made it home Polaris asked me not to post them. Please dont ask me for them I dont want to put anyones job in jeopardy.
I saw and sat on the new 08 Red 800 163" Dragon. (Said 800 on the hood on one of them, the others were taped up) (I have heard rumor of 860 with 160 hp, but that is not confirmed.) New track(probably series 6) looks the same as the Dragon track, new seat cut a little higher up from the bottom probably to save weight, new intake lower on the dash. The Red Dragon looked really good. Graphics were more tatoo looking than actually looking like a Dragon like the 700. Also saw a white 600cfi RMK. Taillight was moved to rear of tunnel. I think new spindles. But overall just an improved IQ chassis. I'm told the new 800 is bad to the bone! (what else are they gonna say) But I know how the 700 runs and the 800 with a 163 is going to be incredible.
Cool stuff. Will have my snowcheck money waiting

-freak, snowest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,046 Posts
HOLYCRAP!!! if I do a search over at that site real fast, do u think there may be photos posted there ? if they do, I will click save as and then post it over here like 08 doo pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doubt you will find pics polaris called him on his way home and told him not to post pics of the sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Does polaris, doo, and cat realize that they don't have to pay people to test them. TONS of us will do it for free!! I'd even pay my gas and hotel lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Well Guys I hope you are right and polaris has a 800 with 160hp, but sounds like a cinderella story.
I'm getting used to having a reliable slow sled, Snow checked a 03 700 black x and was disappionted out of the box. My 98 xc700 was hotter. But the edge is a better ride now if they make both I will buy another Polaris but cat is looking good too.{ I have owned 4 new polaris from 98 to 04}
Just my 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
now im really itching to see the 08 poo's

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Same here. They sent over a few special represenatives to my house an ask for the Pics and Video I have of the New 08's.
I still have them, but I can't post them or show them to anyone. Some people might get in trouble.

[:eek:)]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]Same here. They sent over a few special represenatives to my house an ask for the Pics and Video I have of the New 08's.
I still have them, but I can't post them or show them to anyone. Some people might get in trouble.

[:eek:)]
riiiiiiiight lol. man they are just lettin anybody walkin in and take pics of the new sleds. hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]Same here. They sent over a few special represenatives to my house an ask for the Pics and Video I have of the New 08's.
I still have them, but I can't post them or show them to anyone. Some people might get in trouble.

[:eek:)]
riiiiiiiight lol. man they are just lettin anybody walkin in and take pics of the new sleds. hahaha
I have to agree here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Well polaris better do some turbo or nos to there sleds.
Well here is a news flash. A group of guys were out and in the pack of 14 a 700 DRAGON and some F7's and they call the new polaris a DRAGALONG as it was a slung. I was hoping to snow check one. But that was some bad news for me. And I got 2 polaris's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Originally posted by Blackx
[br]Well polaris better do some turbo or nos to there sleds.
Well here is a news flash. A group of guys were out and in the pack of 14 a 700 DRAGON and some F7's and they call the new polaris a DRAGALONG as it was a slung.
I don't think Polaris will ever put turbos or NOS in their 2-stoke sleds anytime in the near future. I have not heard a bad review on the Dragon. Those who didn't have one were probably jealous. I would really like to see a new 800 in 08. I too never thought of forking over 10 grand for a new sled, but would look real hard at a new 800. We'll just have to wait & see
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
^^ what do you expect from a bunch of cat owners. I dont know how the short tracks are doing, but the rmk's are eating the m7, m8's for lunch.

this coming from a guy on snoweast.

"I ride an 04 King Cat, SLP performance edition package, boss seat, powder pros, snow eliminators, 162 x 2.25 challenger. The sled flat out works, and I'd put it up against any naturally aspirated stock bore sled anytime.

Yesterday, I rode all day with my brother's new dragon. It has about 200 miles on it and the only mods are a Carl's cycle vent kit, the bog fix, and a set of 6" fly risers.

I compared side by side on climb after climb (me riding both sleds), and my king definitely has an edge on the dragon......but it's no where near what it should be. After putting about 30 miles on the dragon in the trees, I cannot believe the refinement of this chassis. It is perfect (but you gotta lose those black foot well things). Or at least make them adjustable so a person can get a little more room.

We did a few hill shoots (uphill drags) and that Dragon was only a sled length behind every time. Bone stock....while my 9 is ported, head milled, reeds, pipe, clutched. I am not sure how this is possible. I weighed them and the Dragon was only 15 lbs lighter than my 9. Similiar weight, and according to SLP, my Cat should be close to 170hp with 110 ftlbs of torque. Which I believe. I have owned many sleds. My last was an 04 Vertical Escape with the complete Struther's setup (cyl and case ported with all of Jack's recommended mods). That sled was incredible, but it would not compete with my KK. The AOA on my cat has to be as good as the Dragon. How can these sleds be so close?

Hats off to Polaris, they have set a new standard with this sled.
BTW, anyone out there measure the bore and stroke on this motor and verify that it is really only a 700?
--KCK

PS - 2004 King Cat for sale: SLP Performance Edition Package (Porting, Head Mod, Reeds, SLP Single). Boss Hi-Rise, Snow Eliminators, Powder Pro's. Available 5/1/2007. $5800."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
I read this too on snowest. Funny how another cat guy chimed in saying that the king cat must now be running well.


Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]^^ what do you expect from a bunch of cat owners. I dont know how the short tracks are doing, but the rmk's are eating the m7, m8's for lunch.

this coming from a guy on snoweast.

"I ride an 04 King Cat, SLP performance edition package, boss seat, powder pros, snow eliminators, 162 x 2.25 challenger. The sled flat out works, and I'd put it up against any naturally aspirated stock bore sled anytime.

Yesterday, I rode all day with my brother's new dragon. It has about 200 miles on it and the only mods are a Carl's cycle vent kit, the bog fix, and a set of 6" fly risers.

I compared side by side on climb after climb (me riding both sleds), and my king definitely has an edge on the dragon......but it's no where near what it should be. After putting about 30 miles on the dragon in the trees, I cannot believe the refinement of this chassis. It is perfect (but you gotta lose those black foot well things). Or at least make them adjustable so a person can get a little more room.

We did a few hill shoots (uphill drags) and that Dragon was only a sled length behind every time. Bone stock....while my 9 is ported, head milled, reeds, pipe, clutched. I am not sure how this is possible. I weighed them and the Dragon was only 15 lbs lighter than my 9. Similiar weight, and according to SLP, my Cat should be close to 170hp with 110 ftlbs of torque. Which I believe. I have owned many sleds. My last was an 04 Vertical Escape with the complete Struther's setup (cyl and case ported with all of Jack's recommended mods). That sled was incredible, but it would not compete with my KK. The AOA on my cat has to be as good as the Dragon. How can these sleds be so close?

Hats off to Polaris, they have set a new standard with this sled.
BTW, anyone out there measure the bore and stroke on this motor and verify that it is really only a 700?
--KCK

PS - 2004 King Cat for sale: SLP Performance Edition Package (Porting, Head Mod, Reeds, SLP Single). Boss Hi-Rise, Snow Eliminators, Powder Pro's. Available 5/1/2007. $5800."
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top