Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided I'm buying a different sled and the dealer has both of these, I realy like the idea of the four stroke but it has 1600 miles and no warranty, OR they have the 800iq new. The price between them is relatively close. I just don't know which one I like more. I have never really rode these, and any advice would be great.

·
Registered
308 Posts
mmeadie said:
So I decided I'm buying a different sled and the dealer has both of these, I realy like the idea of the four stroke but it has 1600 miles and no warranty, OR they have the 800iq new. The price between them is relatively close. I just don't know which one I like more. I have never really rode these, and any advice would be great.
Well, the polaris turbo 4-stroke is a very strong smooth pulling engine, and very reliable!! It is about 100 pounds heavier than the 800 in the same chassis!! The 800 is a strong motor if you can keep it from blowing up!! It depends what you want, a sled that will be in the shop for warranty work during the season or a heavier sled that the engine will most likely run 10,000 miles with little to no maintenance!![thumb] They are both in a very good chassis also!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that the turbo has the m-10 suspension, im a big guy so the added suspension will be a great plus, but a four stroke with no warrenty scares me a little, lot more stuff thats a lot more money

·
Registered
242 Posts
both are really good sled... but if you treat the 800 right it wont have to go to shop to be fixed....the 4-stoke is nice engine also...but if you really want a reliable engine look for a 600..but if not ...i might go with the 4-stoke..simple fact no oil cost except for oil changes

·
Registered
242 Posts
i would go for a 600

unless you state doesnt have a speed limit...then go for a 800 but if it does you will be more than satisfied with the 600

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
ive ridden the turbo in classic and switchback form and the 800 in the Assault package. IMO Turbo. Better mileage,smoother engine,and love the sound,and cheaper to operate and maintain.....And they have the turbo down patt.
The Assault is an animal,but has polaris taken care of the reliability issue with the 800?

·
Registered
242 Posts
if the sled are the same price ..i would go with the newest one

·
Registered
244 Posts
i would say get the turbo. There are many relatively cheap mods to bring the power up way higher. It gets great gas mileage and the engines last forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts